This is what the playoff will look like

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
This will probably be reaching, and admittedly I'm trying to justify an Oregon FSU matchup by whatever means necessary, but.....I've heard from many Bama fans on here saying how well Bama fans travel. Even if not a single FSU fan showed up in New Orleans, would the stadium not still be fully packed with nothing but Bama fans? And there would be enough Oregon fans showing up in Pasadena, along with a large chunk of FSU fans, as well as some locals who aren't affiliated with either team (like the Stanford fans that came to the PAC Championship game just because the venue was nearby).
LOL! Of course, you are trying to justify Oregon-F$U. Who wouldn't want to play F$U? They are the only one of the four that does not belong, and are in only because they are undefeated and defending NC. And the latter only because they were playing a team that didn't belong in the NCG. Bama would have beaten them then, as they will now.

Last edited:

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States
The committee painted themselves into a corner when they jumped the Horny Toads to #3. No matter what they do now, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. This is why I hated the idea of a committee. Should've stuck with the BCS formula.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Kanell also has us at three--probably because he's rather not his precious Noles have to face us.
Dude, he is SUCH a tool... can't stand that guy.

The committee painted themselves into a corner when they jumped the Horny Toads to #3. No matter what they do now, there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. This is why I hated the idea of a committee. Should've stuck with the BCS formula.
I agree Kevin. Why they bumped them all the way up to 3 I don't know. I have a feeling they will move FSU to 3 and tOSU to 4...but man that'll tick some BIGXII folks off. In the end, they did it to themselves.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
EXACTLY! The only thing I Know about this committee is....I have no idea what they will do because they have been all over the top every week like they want to make News not be accurate. Everyone wanting this I told you this would happen & they would be crying for 8 teams.

All I do know is Alabama has a very good football team.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
The "TCU or Baylor" question got overshadowed by the absolute massacre of Wisconsin by OSU. OSU deserves to be there. FSU will not drop out, that's for sure. It's got to be the four conference champions.

My guess:
1) Oregon
2) Bama
3) FSU
4) OSU

The last two times Alabama entered the playoffs as the #2 seed, they took home the hardware.

Elephant Stomp

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 4, 2001
Selinsgrove, PA
I think it will be:
1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. Baylor
Why? Because Baylor won the Big 12 conference by beating Kansas. Big 12 is much stronger than the Big 10. Baylor was listed as 6 because they had not played K. State as of yet. Their win over Kansas State is much more significant than TCU over Iowa State no matter how many points TCU won by. Being in the weak Big 10, Ohio State needed to run the table and did not and their loss to Virginia Tech was a loss to a really bad team.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
As I've been saying, everything hinges on what OSU does. I think they are in. They absolutely crushed Wischeese.
If nothing else, it leads to lively discussion here and across the country. I'm glad we're in the spot we're in vs. some other teams hoping today goes their way. In reading these posts, it's interesting to me that such convincing cases can be made for multiple teams for the final playoff spot. We'll see which way the committee falls.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. tOhio State

Not because this is how they should finish it is to protect the Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I think it will be:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. Florida State

They won't make Florida State fans travel across the country. Having a Pac-12 Big Ten match up in the Rose Bowl is too good to pass up. The committee has said they start fresh each week. So having TCU at #3 last week means nothing. The Big 12 gets penalized for not having a "True Champion."

Maybe the committee matches TCU and Baylor in the Cotton Bowl, so they can settle this thing on the field.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Naming 2 teams co-champions may be the undoing of the Big 12 in the playoff. Every other conference has, as has been stated earlier, one true champion. the Big 12 will say, "We have one true champion because everybody plays everybody."

Not this late in the season though, brother. And not at a neutral sight either.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
If nothing else, it leads to lively discussion here and across the country. I'm glad we're in the spot we're in vs. some other teams hoping today goes their way. In reading these posts, it's interesting to me that such convincing cases can be made for multiple teams for the final playoff spot. We'll see which way the committee falls.
Interesting you say that, exactly what we had before the playoffs, before the BCS, back when it was all polls and bowls.

bamaabw

Suspended
Dec 9, 2013
TCU had a tougher schedule than Baylor and Ohio state. I do not think anything changes from last week.

BW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.