Props To Mizzou

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I just did some lurking on the Mizzou boards - I am pretty impressed with their fanbase, not a bunch of whining and excuses ... even about the targeting call. Most are pulling for us going forward.

It seems to me they are a great addition to the SEC and even though the east is down, for them to make the SECCG two years in a row is a heck of an accomplishment. Congrats to Missouri on a great run.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Gary Pinkel is a good coach and they have some talented players.

That defense gave Bama some problems, at least in the first half before they got a bit worn down.
I hope they win their bowl game.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Agreed. You can tell their players are coached to play the right way and to act in a classy manner and that spills over to the fans. Great coaching staff, and a growing, loyal fan base really does make them a great addition.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I just did some lurking on the Mizzou boards - I am pretty impressed with their fanbase, not a bunch of whining and excuses ... even about the targeting call. Most are pulling for us going forward.

It seems to me they are a great addition to the SEC and even though the east is down, for them to make the SECCG two years in a row is a heck of an accomplishment. Congrats to Missouri on a great run.
the mizzou fans at the game yesterday all seemed very nice and were having a good time. you can tell that coach pinkel has them coached well too

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have a good friend at work (Mike) who went to Mizzou. He knows how much I love and support Alabama football. He texted me during the game a few times and was very complimentary of Alabama throughout. I can't speak for their entire fan base, but Mike is a class act all the way around.

I am happy for him that Mizzou has managed to play in the SECCG a few times already. I hope that they win the thing sooner rather than later - just not in a year in which Alabama is their opponent.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I know the east has been down which has contributed to this but you have to be very impressed with Missouri coming into the SEC and making the CG twice in their first three seasons. Pinkel has obviously done a fine job and if they pick up a few more recruits at key positions they will be tough to deal with.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Except for TD (which have almost no "great fans"), they're a good bunch like aTm fans. Congrats Mizzou. Final was 42-13 but it was not that kind of game really.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've been to numerous football games against SEC teams. Almost every game, I came away with at least one story of how mean, ugly or rude the opposing fans were. I even have quite a few about fellow Bama fans.

But I don't have a single story like that to tell about the Missouri fans I met yesterday (and I met quite a few). They were all very nice and just happy to be there. The outcome was less important than simply enjoying a competitive football game. More than one told me that they were just happy to be in the SEC.

They have made a great first impression on me, for sure. They seem like a really great fan base.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I agree Missouri is a class act,unlike some in our conference(draw your on conclusion on who that is) I was among the crowd that was not excited about them joining the SEC but they certainty have gained my vote. I wish them the best going foward except when they play the tide of course.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I went to the rained out Bama mizzou game a few years ago up there. The town is awesome, the fans love football and were class acts from start to finish, and mizzou had become my favorite sec east team for those reasons.

MizzouFaninBama

Oct 6, 2011
Bama is clearly a notch above the rest of the conference this year and I think will 'roll' through the playoffs. Really impressed with the athletes Saban puts out there every year. Big backs. Big lineman. Physical. Well coached. Especially in big games.

We are thrilled with being in the SEC and 2 trips to ATL. Honestly, when we had to dismiss DGB in the summer, most thought we were looking at a 7 win rebuilding year. So 10 wins for this team was a pleasant surprise. Defense carried us while offense has been a liability. Our O-line play has been weak spot all year.

Last night we needed to establish a run game, and be opportunistic on defense. ugly up the game. get into the 4th qtr. We managed to tighten it up for a short time but just when it got interesting, the better team put the hammer down. Couldn't establish a ground game. Defense played pretty well but got worn down late. Your QB played tough as nails. Cooper reminds me of a former tiger, Jeremy Maclin. Gonna be a great pro.

Good luck the rest of the way on your way to national title. Looks like we might be headed to Citrus to play Clemson.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.