1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Last edited by a moderator:

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Why would OS jump from 5 to 2; why would Oregon fall from 2 to 3; and where is Baylor / TCU - just guessing.
This....although I'm not sure we're all talking about the same thing since there are multiple links in the OP. The one I clicked was some off the wall scenario.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well....I'm going to disagree with him.
I think it will be..
(1) Bama
(2) Oregon
(3) TCU or Baylor
(4) Ohio State
I don't think the committee will keep FSU at four even with them being undefeated.
They haven't looked like a top four team all season and they surely didn't last night.
sip

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I think it will be..
(1) Bama
(2) Oregon
(3) TCU or Baylor
(4) Ohio State
I don't think the committee will keep FSU at four even with them being undefeated.
They haven't looked like a top four team all season and they surely didn't last night.
sip
I don't see any situation where they lock an undefeated defending national champion with a Heisman QB out of the bracket regardless of how average they have looked. I would laugh my beep off if it happens though! I do not like that team or their QB.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I think Jerry Palm has it about right. I started thinking this way as soon as I started watching OSU blow up Win. It will be fun to watch what they do for sure.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think it will be..
(1) Bama
(2) Oregon
(3) TCU or Baylor
(4) Ohio State
sip
i would not be able to stop laughing for years if that happened. They would end up playing Baylor or TCU for nothing. and probably lose.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
i would not be able to stop laughing for years if that happened. They would end up playing Baylor or TCU for nothing. and probably lose.
While I don't think that it will happen, I would immediately be won over as a fan of this format if it does. FSU is not one of the best 4 teams in the country. They are the team that doesn't belong. They are like ND in 2012 - rewarded for barely beating a long stream of weak teams. Rewarded for not losing, which is different than being rewarded for winning. They have not won this season - they have just managed not to lose.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think people are hung up on the old system and how it was taboo to jump teams who won their games. New system. New rules. Previous polls really have nothing to do with what comes out today.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
All we've heard all season is head to head and conference champions above everything else. Based on that no way TCU is in. It comes down to Ohio St. and Baylor. Does anybody think Baylor beats the Buckeyes right now? As much as I despise Winston and FSU, they're an undefeated defending champion so they are in.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think Baylor should be left out no matter what. Their OOC schedule is embarrassing and it is not going to improve anytime soon. Their future schedules are a joke as well. i say leave them out and I won't feel bad for them.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I think it will be..
(1) Bama
(2) Oregon
(3) TCU or Baylor
(4) Ohio State
sip

Leaving FSU out completely would be an early Christmas present for me.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
While I don't think that it will happen, I would immediately be won over as a fan of this format if it does. FSU is not one of the best 4 teams in the country. They are the team that doesn't belong. They are like ND in 2012 - rewarded for barely beating a long stream of weak teams. Rewarded for not losing, which is different than being rewarded for winning. They have not won this season - they have just managed not to lose.

The media is all expecting them to be in...no matter what. If the committee leaves them out...that would be the best troll job of the season by the committee. Haha

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.