News Article: Cecil Hurt Article

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Re: Cecils Hurt Article

As always, Cecil nailed it. I guess I am one of those sentimental fans. I love this team!

Silverback

1st Team
Oct 5, 2010
Oak Grove

Great read. Last night even the dome employees were Crimson tide fans. Lately I have noticed at our home games that most of the non-university employees are cheering for the visiting team. It was especially evident during the Miss. St. Game.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL

This is one of the more poignant points of Cecil's article:

"And that funny thing that happened? Slowly, Crimson Tide fans found out they could enjoy watching a team instead of just a scoreboard, even embrace a team while it was growing. It sounds sappy, but some sentimental types came to love this team, in spite of its flaws, maybe even because of them."

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Click Below.

I really enjoy reading him. Its a shame tidesports went to pay to play a few years ago at least we get a couple of his articles a week.

The GA dome was rocking. I talked with 2 of the GA Dome reps and they were like we love Bama here, its nothing like the when the Falcons play..... RTR

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/artic...SEC-title-a-little-more-enjoyable-for-Alabama
Great article...well written and thought out. Thanks for sharing...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Yeah, sums up how a lot of us feel. I read this this morning and was hoping someone on TF would post it for folks elsewhere. Thanks for sharing and those last lines were absolutely classic.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

The article is a great read. I have felt this way since West Virginia. This team just plays hard and even though they stress me out during some stretches of a game, they are fun to watch.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN

Last year even though we were winning, it did not see like fun. I left each game with a knot in my stomach and a sense of relief. I think the expectations to the fun out of for the players; it was more like a job. This team and season has been downright exciting and fun to watch.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

There is freshman punter JK Scott, who looks like an eighth-grader and kicks like Ray Guy with anti-aircraft capabilities

I love Cecil Hurt, what a great line

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Cecil Hurt on This Year's Team / SEC Championship

Another masterfully written piece by Cecil...

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.