One Lone Action That Can Make/Break A Season- Thank You Adam Griffith

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS
After wrapping up a great SEC Championship game yesterday, I can't help but reflect back on the road to our SEC title. There absolutely were many great moments and obviously nothing but a team effort brought us to this point. However, one moment(for me) defined not only an individual, but an entire team up to this point. Adam Griffith's 27 yard tying kick with 7 seconds left in regulation, playing in the ninth largest stadium in the world, against LSU was MASSIVELY clutch. We all know that he had missed from the same distance earlier in the game and now his entire team is basically at the mercy of one singular kick by him. Talk about pressure, my hands are shaking just thinking about it and trying to type! His bravery at the end of that game personifies this Bama team(IMO)! RTR!!

After wrapping up a great SEC Championship game yesterday, I can't help but reflect back on the road to our SEC title. There absolutely were many great moments and obviously nothing but a team effort brought us to this point. However, one moment(for me) defined not only an individual, but an entire team up to this point. Adam Griffith's 27 yard tying kick with 7 seconds left in regulation, playing in the ninth largest stadium in the world, against LSU was MASSIVELY clutch. We all know that he had missed from the same distance earlier in the game and now his entire team is basically at the mercy of one singular kick by him. Talk about pressure, my hands are shaking just thinking about it and trying to type! His bravery at the end of that game personifies this Bama team(IMO)! RTR!!
You win the award. After Sims led us down the field, to come in and hit that kick, WOW! Then hit the extra point in OT? Clutch.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

cooleddie

1st Team
Jul 27, 2003
pensacola,fl
Very good point. I've often thought about how that kick kind of got lost in the celebration of the other plays on that drive. IIRC, there was no timeout called (can't remember if we had one to take) to give him time to set up either, I think it was a rush to get out there and make the kick to beat the play clock.

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008
I appreciate what he did in the LSU game. But I really worried his consistency. He missed 40 yarder widely in a dome (that's a good snap)

He has the leg to nail 50 sth. Yet you can never predict the outcome of the next one. I might be mean here. He is simply not RELIABLE and you have to admit the best kicker we have had in CNS's era is Leigh Kiffin. (That's a shula recruit).

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He had on heating pad between the kicks... He's still trying to overcome the back issues. He is fine mentally, just having issue with back.
I appreciate what he did in the LSU game. But I really worried his consistency. He missed 40 yarder widely in a dome (that's a good snap)

He has the leg to nail 50 sth. Yet you can never predict the outcome of the next one. I might be mean here. He is simply not RELIABLE and you have to admit the best kicker we have had in CNS's era is Leigh Kiffin. (That's a shula recruit).

chuaner

Scout Team
Aug 26, 2008
Sorry for the typo and I know tiffin would be a roll tide no matter who the coach was. My point is though CNS is superb in many areas, coaching and developing kickers is definitely not one of them.

Anyway, I don't want convert this to a trash coach/player thread. Many thanks for all adam/CNS for this fantastic season.

I kinda think TIFFIN was coming here no matter who the coach was...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
That was indeed a clutch play against LSU. However, and I don't want to seem negative after an SEC Championship, but Adam has to stop missing short field goals or it's going to eventually cost us in a close game.
That's the one true advantage Florida State has in this playoff. If their kicker is within 50 yards you can count it. That dude is incredible.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
"There was also so grumbling out there when the accuracy slipped."I don't care what people say," Griffith said. "They don't have to know I'm hurt. It doesn't really bother me. Plus, nobody's perfect."
"

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
really hard on the young man, starting out so strong with 7 in a row, and dealing with a back stress fracture rest of the season. nothing said about his status for the playoff. with the time off will he be able to kick in the playoffs with his injury? sure hope so, not as confident against the next two teams without a solid placekicker.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Stress fracture in the back is a helluva pain to play through.

He's going to have some great years for us when he's healthy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.