One Lone Action That Can Make/Break A Season- Thank You Adam Griffith

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Stress fracture in the back is a helluva pain to play through.

He's going to have some great years for us when he's healthy.
Is that something one can fully recover from?
Back issues are something that can turn chronic. I hope, for him, and Bama, that he can fully recover. Kid has a strong
leg and a lot of heart.

Roll Tide!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Great point BAF & this type situations is exactly why Alabama has the best high school football players literally knocking on our door wanting to be part of "The Process..It's those type plays that leads Alabama to the " SEC Championship Game" & hopefully onto the NCAA Football Playoff's that will add on to college football's record number of NC's at one school & of course that one school would be Alabama..

After wrapping up a great SEC Championship game yesterday, I can't help but reflect back on the road to our SEC title. There absolutely were many great moments and obviously nothing but a team effort brought us to this point. However, one moment(for me) defined not only an individual, but an entire team up to this point. Adam Griffith's 27 yard tying kick with 7 seconds left in regulation, playing in the ninth largest stadium in the world, against LSU was MASSIVELY clutch. We all know that he had missed from the same distance earlier in the game and now his entire team is basically at the mercy of one singular kick by him. Talk about pressure, my hands are shaking just thinking about it and trying to type! His bravery at the end of that game personifies this Bama team(IMO)! RTR!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Problem is that these types of fractures have a habit of recurring, after a period of rest seems to have completely healed them. There have been a lot of instances. Sam Bowie, who played for UK, comes to my mind. A recurring stress fracture isn't really a mechanical injury like a broken leg or finger. The most well-known example is osteoporosis, failure of the bone to replace calcium. However, there are other elements of bone as important to strength. When an older lady, for example, breaks a hip and falls down (the normal sequence, BTW), we say that her bone disease couldn't keep her bone healthy enough to walk. The fact of the matter is that there are many kickers in the NCAA and NFL, kicking just as hard daily, and they don't develop stress fractures. Their bone metabolism is up to replenishing the bone and doing it even stronger, because of the exercise stimulus. I guess you can color me slightly pessimistic as to full recovery, but I could be wrong and hope I am. He's a good kid...

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Problem is that these types of fractures have a habit of recurring, after a period of rest seems to have completely healed them. There have been a lot of instances. Sam Bowie, who played for UK, comes to my mind. A recurring stress fracture isn't really a mechanical injury like a broken leg or finger. The most well-known example is osteoporosis, failure of the bone to replace calcium. However, there are other elements of bone as important to strength. When an older lady, for example, breaks a hip and falls down (the normal sequence, BTW), we say that her bone disease couldn't keep her bone healthy enough to walk. The fact of the matter is that there are many kickers in the NCAA and NFL, kicking just as hard daily, and they don't develop stress fractures. Their bone metabolism is up to replenishing the bone and doing it even stronger, because of the exercise stimulus. I guess you can color me slightly pessimistic as to full recovery, but I could be wrong and hope I am. He's a good kid...
Indeed. Sometimes the worst injuries are the ones when no hit or impact" is involved.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
It would be nice if he fully recovered and went on to fulfill his promise. But what if he does not? Does CNS have a backup kicker ready to go?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.