CFP Selection Show watch thread

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I don't think so - I truly have come to love Alabama football. I will continue to do what I have done - come to this board to talk about Alabama football, not OSU football. I have not plans to beat my drum - it just isn't my style. Besides, my drum as a Buckeye fan is a lot smaller than my drum as an Alabama fan.

I never had any doubt. :)

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
My family - all Buckeyes. My wife's family - all Alabama

Christmas should be interesting. I love them both, and I will play the roll of peacemaker. :biggrin:
Same way with mine. Wife born in Columbus, her parents both tOSU alums....My parents raised in Alabama, I was raised with Pictures of the "Bear" in my house and Crimson in my blood. But since we got married both sides of the family has "adopted" tOSU and Alabama as their 2nd teams.... at our wedding... instead of bride or grooms side, we had BAMA or Buckeye and instead of birdseed, everyone had Shakers that we walked thru out of the church...... this will be an intersting month

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
It will be nice to welcome Urban Cryer to another nervous breakdown, this time in the Big Easy [emoji208][emoji208][emoji208][emoji208][emoji208]

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
They were number three. Sucks to have that carrot dangled right in front of you like that then yanked away.
I hear ya....but they should play a Title game like the other Power conferences do. All 4 teams that made it had to beat another Top 15 team in a League Championship game while TCU played a nobody.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I also expected Ohio State to jump to #3, and the committee could defend the move by saying that they didn't drop FSU, they would have stayed at #4 because they didn't look good vs Ga. Tech. Ohio State would have jumped them because of the big win over Wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
To me it's clear that, in the regular season, this committee's poll represents who they think are the best teams, and head to head match-ups (apparently) don't come into play. When it comes time to select the teams for the playoff, the criteria shifts to who are the most deserving teams, not necessarily who are the best teams. That's why the head-to-head matchup between TCU and Baylor didn't come into play until the "final evaluations." It's confusing but that's the best I can make of it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.