CFP Selection Show watch thread

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Finebaum is now bashing the committee...rightfully so. Like Galloway, he likes the final result but not the path that was taken to get there.

This is why waiting to the end would have been best. Instead the week by week caused this drama. Not many would be complaining now.

I still think it was a win for ESPN. Drama causes ratings.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
The thing is that with TCU at a position they were never gonna have, they messed up the positioning of the other teams and their opponents that eventually had a chance to be in the playoffs. If some of you know what I mean. If the Big 12 was going to be treated as "weak" then let it be known on the first poll!

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
My favorite moment of the playoff show so far was Joey Galloway getting notably upset as Pollack was talking about how happy Bama should be about this matchup. He was trying so hard to remain professional, but you could see in his body language that he was getting ticked.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
My favorite moment of the playoff show so far was Joey Galloway getting notably upset as Pollack was talking about how happy Bama should be about this matchup. He was trying so hard to remain professional, but you could see in his body language that he was getting ticked.
That was PRICELESS!! Joey said "So what you sayin' there :/?"

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah, but the only problem is that the two best teams, Alabama and Oregon, wouldn't be 1 and 2 in the BCS. We'd probably be playing FSU.
yeah, it had its flaws, but regardless of the situation, there will be issues at the margins. thinking back through the past few years, it seems the bcs got it right a decent amount.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I think Galloway is a tool but he has a point about TCU. I get the OSU argument because their game was very convincing and to a lesser extent Baylor because KSU was ranked but what about FSU? What about FSU squeaking by GT team (that lost to a 6 & 6 North Carolina) made them jump TCU? I did not agree with TCU being number 3 and ahead of either Baylor or FSU but what ever criteria they used last week to put them there should not have changed based on this weekends games in my opinion (speaking solely on TCU and FSU). I agree with most that the final result is about as close to be correct as they could get. I could argue Baylor over OSU but I can’t complain and it is mostly semantics.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Bowlsby is in a no-win situation talking about the exclusion of TCU and Baylor. He's not speaking forcibly, which should tick off his excluded teams.

Edit: ...and he just said that the Big 12 agreed before the season that co-champions would be named when they have the same records. So I wonder why the Big 12 knowingly lied to the country with their "one true champion" ads.

Last edited:

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
If nothing else, they got the big names into the playoffs. Already seeing a lot of "Bama will murder them" type predictions, but the Meyer system is almost never an easy out. Should be a good game.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
After TCU and Baylor fans get through burning the tires on campus, look for an 8 team playoff push for next year. I think it's going to happen.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.