CFP Selection Show watch thread

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I do think that FSU was screwed just a little bit. The committee should have been allowed to switch seeds to allow a higher seeded team to play closer to home, just like the basketball committee does. I am sure that FSU would have rather played in New Orleans than LA. The fact that they have a much better chance of upsetting Oregon than us nonwithstanding. ;)
Disagree with this. Geography should play no part whatsoever in the seeding of opponents. Play on the field, and that alone, should. Geography is an extra, unnecessary element that fouls the purity of the selection process.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I applaud the committee for having the stones to prove me and quite a few other posters wrong by putting FSU at 3 and making them travel to the Rose Bowl instead of bowing to Bowl/Big money pressure and settling on the safe bet of a traditional matchup between the PAC 12 and the BIG in the Rose Bowl. They gave us the best games instead of games settled by issues of geography. Absolutely love it. Oregon/FSU should be a Heisman QB vs Heisman QB match up. Good guys vs. bad guys. And we get to avoid having to play tOSU, a team that is somewhat scary, capable of blowing anyone out, as it showed yesterday.
I bet the old coots running the Rose Bowl are having strokes over the indignity of a non-Big Ten team invading their game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.