CFP Selection Show watch thread

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I like how there isn't a limit on conference teams in these big bowls. We have 3 SEC west teams in huge bowl games (including us). That proves something.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Galloway's problem is that he is just not that bright. He is a pretty good guy, though a homer, but he is just not that bright.

Preferring a matchup with Alabama really comes from his belief that Oregon is better and would present a bigger problem for OSU. Not sure why he won't come out and say that on the show.
Yeah but he's saying that out of all the other 3 including FSU he'll take 'Bama. FSU would be the easiest team for anyone in the playoff to beat....I'm biased but I think we'd be the toughest out....but he's being real chest puffed out all 'I'll take Bama'.

He may be a good dude but he is coming off COCKY today. I don't even think it's a mismatch and expect a good game. Galloway is borderline trash talking.

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I'd rather play FSU than Oregon, but I'm thinking that FSU will surprise many by beating Oregon. FSU has the speed to really affect Oregon's game and they can throw waves of athletes into the mix.
Oregon will win this game in my opinion. FSU has better players all across the board, and that will show in a few years when you compare the number of guys in the NFL. Oregon is just a better team though. All of their players seem to be bought into their system, they seem humble, and they seem hungry to prove a point. I think Oregon will jump to an early lead, FSU will make a comeback to make it close, but ultimately Oregon pulls away in the end.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
They are talking about the best QBs in the playoff, but no one is even mentioning Sims. When he is playing well, he is just as good as Mariota or Winston - and he has done it against much better defenses.
I'd argue that Sims is better than Winston. JW has thrown 17 INT's this year. Sims has better stats across the board than Winston.

He also has played 8 more Top 60 Defenses than Mariota.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
The correct 4 teams were selected, and I can't wait for the playoffs.

Just about everyone I know here in Ohio knows that I am a diehard Bama fan, so a Tide win would be a lot easier to handle over the next 12 months. I don't overly gloat, but a lot of my acquaintances do. Roll Tide Roll!!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I like Art Briles. - There is no one on the committee member representing the south , when Archie left the committee , I knew were in trouble. He brought up the fact the only Southerner was Condi Rice. He also said BIG12 commish muddied the waters by proclaiming co champions.
When asked about excuses , he didn't blame anyone, he said if we went 12-0, we would be in.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
The thing is that with TCU at a position they were never gonna have, they messed up the positioning of the other teams and their opponents that eventually had a chance to be in the playoffs. If some of you know what I mean. If the Big 12 was going to be treated as "weak" then let it be known on the first poll!
I agree. TCU was ranked too high during the past couple of weeks, giving them false hope. I guess the only defense for the committee is that they had no idea that Ohio State would destroy Wisconsin with such conviction. I actually thought Wisconsin would beat them, given the Buckeye's QB situation. They surprised a lot of us.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
TCU was ranked #3 not because they raised them. But because they dropped Miss State after a loss and FSU after barely beating Florida. Ohio State struggled with Michigan before last night and with their loss couldn't be put ahead of them until becoming convincing conference champions.

TCU was ranked #3 not because they raised them. But because they dropped Miss State after a loss and FSU after barely beating Florida. Ohio State struggled with Michigan before last night and with their loss couldn't be put ahead of them until becoming convincing conference champions.
Still, they should have placed TCU at #4, unless FSU lost they shouldn't have budged from 3. I understand where they are coming from, but you have to scratch your head on the process.

I still think they got it right.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Still, they should have placed TCU at #4, unless FSU lost they shouldn't have budged from 3. I understand where they are coming from, but you have to scratch your head on the process.

I still think they got it right.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
It falsely inflated the SOS of TCU and their opponents!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.