The REAL winners in all of this.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
The real winners here are Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M, and Missouri for getting out of that garbage Big 12 conference.

Wow, what a mess the Big 12 is.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Yes. That Conference's overall structure is horrible. The Commissioner making up rules as he goes along. Going against their "One True Champion" motto. Not having a real Conference Championship game etc. The Conference can only blame itself for not having Baylor or TCU in the dance.

You can tell overall that the Big 12's integrity is in question.

And really, they didn't have that team exodus for nothing.

Last edited:

CrimsonTut

1st Team
Jul 24, 2000
Franklin, TN
I agree. Everyone bowing down to UT ruined it. The buffoon of a commissioner going against the by-laws and declaring "co-champions" didn't help them this year either. They deserve what they get/got.

The real winners here are Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M, and Missouri for getting out of that garbage Big 12 conference.

tidefan26

1st Team
Dec 5, 2005
South Alabama
I agree. Everyone bowing down to UT ruined it. The buffoon of a commissioner going against the by-laws and declaring "co-champions" didn't help them this year either. They deserve what they get/got.
I thought the Bowlsby said that the league coaches voted and the AD's approved that there would be co champions and that the "tie breaker" would only be used to select the bowl rep. He said he misspoke at the Big 12 media days.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
And yes, Texas helped ruin that Conference too. Why do you think Texas A&M came crawling to our Conference begging to let them in? They wanted to get away from that Big 12 Good Ole Boys Club.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I thought the Bowlsby said that the league coaches voted and the AD's approved that there would be co champions and that the "tie breaker" would only be used to select the bowl rep. He said he misspoke at the Big 12 media days.
"I should have emphasized that we'll have co-champs."

He's just digging his grave deeper and deeper.

He is a clown. Big 12 fans are calling for his head and want him fired.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Regardless if Baylor made the playoff, they've should've been unanimous conference champions. They beat TCU. In retrospect, that was the de facto conference championship game.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I think you can place blame in only one place! Austin, Texas!

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Yep, The Longhorns are who started this snowball rolling downhill for the Big 12. But their Commissioner and overall structure are compounding the problem even further.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Let's face it, the big 12 is a conference without an identity. They are the table scrap league where everyone gets a participation trophy. Stuff that great traditions are made of.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
Couldn’t agree more but I would add a small sliver of blame belongs in Norman, Oklahoma. UT and OU were just fine taking more money than the lower level schools from the conference. The Longhorn Network was the straw, but both these schools had had their noses up for years that isolated all the other schools.

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
Look, I feel bad for the players at TCU and Baylor.

TCU had a great season, worked their way up to #3, and then drop to 6? The playoff committee is responsible for part of that by the way...

Baylor also had a great season, and oh by the way beat TCU on the field. "One true champion"? Yep, should be Baylor. The Big-12 is responsible for that mess.

So while we feel bad for the players, everyone is actually laughing at the Big-12 conference for the way they have screwed this up.

Final word about the selection committee, by putting TCU at #3, they set up this whole shamble. Had Baylor been ahead of TCU in the first place, it wouldn't seem so mishandled. Then, had Baylor lost to K.State, TCU could have moved ahead appropriately. The committee "starting from a clean slate every week" maybe doesn't work the way they thought it would.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I said 2 years ago when all this realignment happened that with no championship game and only OU/Texas to prop the league up that the BigXII was doomed. Yes, TCU, Baylor, and KState have had great seasons and deserve national recognition (Is it even possible to give Bill Snyder enough credit?) but let's face it....every conference needs it's big names to lead the way. The smaller schools just don't have the money, alumni, name power, resources, etc to carry the load. The BigXII cannot be led by the secondary schools and be successful. No more than the B1G could be led by Northwestern and Iowa or the SEC by Arkansas and Vandy.

The overall reduction in name power for the BigXII is hurting OU and Texas which means it's hurting the conference. The SEC now has inroads to Texas, Missouri, and much of the midwest/southwest. The BigXII is being squeezed from the Pac12 schools to it's west and there is no talent to be found to the north. As recruiting talent levels drop the 2 big names will continue to suffer. IMHO, ultimately the BigXII will either completely disband or OU and Texas will look to relocate. I know OU says it won't go without OSU but eventually everyone can be reduced to a state of survival for self.

The only other alternative will be a new wave of realignment where the Power5 all move to 16 teams each.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I somewhat agree, but if their OOC schedule had been higher than say, um, ant's butt we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR
You why it's not higher? Because it's Baylor and TCU. When they made schedules a few years ago even they didn't know or expect to be this good. That's the difference between being a big dog and a chihuahua. One of the differences, anyways.

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
I wonder if the selection committee would have done this if big12 traditional power Texas or Oklahoma were in this spot?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.