Official "What Ohio State fans are saying about the matchup" thread

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I love the enthusiasm. Cardale Jones looked good last night, better than I think most everyone expected for his 3rd-string status. And he can throw deep pretty well. I like the matchup for Bama, but Ohio State certainly does stand a chance.
Okay, I was going to wait 24 hours before beginning to start my worrying! I guess I will have to begin worrying immediately.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
The last thread, why do Bama fans go to other sites, start threads that make comparisons favorable to Alabama ? I don't get that. That isn't football talk. I am really ready to jettison a sizable portion of our fanbase. Seriously. That isn't the way coach Bryant would do it. Or would want it done.

Secondly, why is it that the first response from an opposing team fanbase usually has something to do with teeth, trailer parks, farm animals or incest. Can't people think of something witty or intelligent?

I have really lost faith in my fellow man. I weep for future generations in football and life.
Yeah that is a total waste of time to make those comparisons on an opposing message board.

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
Urban Meyer has played a Nick Sabah team before, and is coach for the Team he beat like a rag doll years ago at Florida. I don't know if he's still familiar with our type of game from CNS, but I can't say I won't be nervous when we play them.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Amen to that. Eastern Ohio isn't much different from western West Virginia. On the lake, you have Cleveland and Akron. Rural Ohio is no different from rural anywhere.

I'm reminded of the Notre Dame fans who did the same thing -- selling Catholics vs. Cousins t-shirts, among other things. At halftime in the Miami BCSNCG, they really wished they hadn't been wearing them.
There is no differentiation between the parts of WV, OH, and PA that are in proximity. The only way to tell the difference is by looking at the license plates, and hoping there is a majority of one state.

Once you get in the hollers, of WV, is it obvious where you are.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I love the enthusiasm. Cardale Jones looked good last night, better than I think most everyone expected for his 3rd-string status. And he can throw deep pretty well. I like the matchup for Bama, but Ohio State certainly does stand a chance.
I agree. This should be a good game, but I do hope we can pull away at the end. I love being able to relax in the fourth quarter and enjoy the win. We shall see.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Don't get why we are making those comments on their boards or why their mods allow the trash talk.
Most internet forums could not survive if trash talking were not allowed. That is what most people take to the internet for - to become the wise cracking tough guys that they wish they could be in real life. The anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in people.

TideFans is nothing like most internet forums. They get away with the tough moderation only because the members are willing to submit themselves to it - and that only because of the quality of the interactions found herein.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
And it always seems to come from Yankee states. Do they not know that all that stuff happens in every state?
Born and raised in ILLINOIS and half my family living in Alabama, I have heard disparaging remarks about northerners my whole life from people in the south...... I have also relentlessly defended southerners when northerners start in about trailer parks and such..... Just classless on both parts. But it's not northerner/southerners that are the problem, it's just ignorant people. They are everywhere, not just one geographical location.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
New QB starting his second game with Coach Saban and Coach Smart designing a defensive strategy......

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have. Missouri would not have a touchdown had it not been for a push off and a pick not being called on two key plays. Ohio State does not have a Sammy Coates.
Agreed - we have 2 very good WRs, but they are small.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Born and raised in ILLINOIS and half my family living in Alabama, I have heard disparaging remarks about northerners my whole life from people in the south...... I have also relentlessly defended southerners when northerners start in about trailer parks and such..... Just classless on both parts. But it's not northerner/southerners that are the problem, it's just ignorant people. They are everywhere, not just one geographical location.
Bingo! We certainly have our share, but so do they. I will admit that when I used to travel for work, I was impressed with Columbus and the people there. When in Cleveland, though, I honestly did not see one attractive woman the whole three days I was there. Not one! I always thought it was funny when they based a sitcom around the same observation I had about fifteen years before Hot in Cleveland started.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
You've seen our safety play lately ??
safeties playing fine. Those deep ball problems are a product of the targeting rule. Sabans d cinceeds the deep pass if their wr's can get open. Before the targeting rule we'd just tee off on those guys, remember mark Barron. Now we have the choice of letting them catch it and making a tackle, selling out on the ball and risking leaving the end zone open or drawing penalty. Collins and perry have been playing well all year but can't overcome the hole the rule book has put them in.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
safeties playing fine. Those deep ball problems are a product of the targeting rule. Sabans d cinceeds the deep pass if their wr's can get open. Before the targeting rule we'd just tee off on those guys, remember mark Barron. Now we have the choice of letting them catch it and making a tackle, selling out on the ball and risking leaving the end zone open or drawing penalty. Collins and perry have been playing well all year but can't overcome the hole the rule book has put them in.
Sorry, but the two are not connected in any way.

Old Tide

Nov 14, 2013
The last thread, why do Bama fans go to other sites, start threads that make comparisons favorable to Alabama ? I don't get that. That isn't football talk. I am really ready to jettison a sizable portion of our fanbase. Seriously. That isn't the way coach Bryant would do it. Or would want it done.

Secondly, why is it that the first response from an opposing team fanbase usually has something to do with teeth, trailer parks, farm animals or incest. Can't people think of something witty or intelligent?

I have really lost faith in my fellow man. I weep for future generations in football and life.
I hear you bamaga. Starting nasty or responding to nasty with nasty will never return good dividends. Never. I've done it to a degree before - not good. We can have a lot of fun without ugly. Truth be told ours is one of the nicest, most civil forums I've ever read. bamaga, brother don't ever loose faith that things can change, that's an order from an old timer. Whoa there, loosing my balance, better step down, my soap box is starting to tip over. There, I'm down now.

We're No.1. Fantastic! Don't think I'll be able to make the game due to various issues, but there's always hope. If not maybe I can catch a ride with a best friend of mine who played for the Bear and maintains close ties to UA and shake hands with some of our guys at the hotel or where ever. That would be great. He can really make things happen. For all you guys and gals coming down here to New Orleans for the game, have a really great time and Be Safe. What a great season. God Bless and Roll Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.