Official "What Ohio State fans are saying about the matchup" thread

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
They can't be seriously thinking that. The chance of Ohio St. winning is slim; the chance of them "obliterating" Bama is zero. Bama is better than the Buckeyes; they know it, we know it; it will take turnovers or flukes for them to win.
I've been getting text and Facebook post all day from my family and friends in Ohio, some whom I haven't heard from in years. They didn't start with, "how have you been" or other cordial greetings, just straight up "we're going to obliterate you hillbillies!" So here's to hoping the squad has the cleats laced up for a very thorough curb stomping.

U of A

3rd Team
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville TN 37211
They can't be seriously thinking that. The chance of Ohio St. winning is slim; the chance of them "obliterating" Bama is zero. Bama is better than the Buckeyes; they know it, we know it; it will take turnovers or flukes for them to win.
The ones that posted that are extremely ignorant, so much so that they seem shocked that my home has running water. Yes they are that offensive.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed - we have 2 very good WRs, but they are small.
Cooper is listed at 6'1", and Black and Jones are listed at 5'11". White is listed at 6'. They aren't the 6'4" guys, but they have an advantage over most DBs. When we use OJ as a WR, he's easily in the 6'4" category...

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
And it always seems to come from Yankee states. Do they not know that all that stuff happens in every state?
Some things I've learned from living in a North and Western state (relatively speaking) and travelling to the Northeast (NY, Ohio, Penn.) where my wife is originally from:

- They're just as bad when driving in the snow and especially ice as southerners are.
- They have just as many "rednecks" as southern states. I have seen people out here and up in NY, Ohio fly the Confederate flag (and not for heritage).
- They can be obsessed with what they perceive as southern food and yet criticize Southerners for being unhealthy eaters.
- They can be just as prejudiced against minorities (and in some cases are worse than anything I've seen in the South).
- There are actually more trailers here in Colorado, Arizona and California than I've ever seen anywhere in the South.

Weren't all these things brought up when we played Notre Dame? Anyways, don't let what these folks say, bother you. There is no area in this country that has a monopoly on ignorance. I'd say it's pretty rampant everywhere.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
Ahhhhh I am already getting a lot of smack talking phone calls up here!!!! Ill let the football team do the talking! For what its worth, I believe this is a huge mismatch and should be similar to bama/nd.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I'm reminded of the Notre Dame fans who did the same thing -- selling Catholics vs. Cousins t-shirts, among other things. At halftime in the Miami BCSNCG, they really wished they hadn't been wearing them.
Every fanbase has its share. I remember that t-shirt from two years ago. It was as derided on NDNation as it was on Tidefans.

I suspect some sort of inverse-square law applies to trash talking: i.e., the likelihood of your being an ignorant trash talker tends to be inversely proportional to the square of the number of hours you attended that school. Now, if only I could figure out what that means...

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
SIAP, but.......

Anyone know if Urban Meyer's doctors (cardiologist and psychiatrist) will clear him to face Saban again? If so, will there be medics by his side all night?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.