Early Point Spreads

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Interesting ... I know this is basically a home game for the Ducks but I'm really believing that FSU takes this one. It won't be pretty score-wise by no stretch of the imagination but I really believe that they have the personnel to beat them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
You forgetting something.... Oregon is fast. It's not about personnel anymore... FSU will be gassed by second half... Alabama is more equipped to handle Oregon than any other team, given what we have faced this year.
Interesting ... I know this is basically a home game for the Ducks but I'm really believing that FSU takes this one. It won't be pretty score-wise by no stretch of the imagination but I really believe that they have the personnel to beat them.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
You forgetting something.... Oregon is fast. It's not about personnel anymore... FSU will be gassed by second half... Alabama is more equipped to handle Oregon than any other team, given what we have faced this year.
FSU may get gassed but I don't think Oregon is going to stop them. They will probably just out score them.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I hope so. I'd much rather play FSU than Oregon. Every time I've seen FSU this year, I've thought, "Wow. This team is really undefeated?" Every time I have seen Oregon, I have thought, "Wow. When they are clicking, they are really good."

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
For me, I just honestly think they (FSU) match up with them similar to the teams they have had troubles with I.E. Stanford and Arizona. I personally won't be surprised if Oregon wins ... just believing that FSU will take it.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I think Oregon will be spending too much time game planning for us and not Florida State during this layoff. Its kind of easy to look past them based on Florida State's overall body of work and how they just squeak by every single team they play.

Florida State is more than capable of dropping 50 points on Oregon. FSU has two good RBs and the all time ACC WR in terms of yards and catches etc. Their offense is no slouch either.

....They also have Jameis Winston.

Plus Florida State feels VERY SLIGHTED right now and disrespected. They'll be fired up against Oregon.

Player vs player, I'd go out on a limb and say that Florida State has just as good, if not better skill players than Oregon does.

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
IF fsu plays their best game, I think they jump ahead of oregon enough that when they do get worn out Oregon cannot cover the distance. FSU is good when they are clicking, but they usually aren't clicking until they are behind. Oregon is not a team you want to play from behind. FSU needs to step on their throat and stay their cause I want Bama to be the one to knock Winston down... Again and again and again.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
I hope so. I'd much rather play FSU than Oregon. Every time I've seen FSU this year, I've thought, "Wow. This team is really undefeated?" Every time I have seen Oregon, I have thought, "Wow. When they are clicking, they are really good."
I'd much rather play Oregon. FSU has the talent on defense to give us problems if they play to their potential. Oregon does not. I also think FSU's skill players are bigger matchup problems for us than Oregon's.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
FSU has a big o line and can wear Oregon d out on the ground. The key will be how much money Rapis has riding on the first half point spread.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I'd much rather play Oregon. FSU has the talent on defense to give us problems if they play to their potential. Oregon does not. I also think FSU's skill players are bigger matchup problems for us than Oregon's.
Maybe. I just haven't seen it this year. Last year, I did. This year, their defense hasn't looked good to me. Not bad, just not good.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
there is a better chance of Nick Saban quitting football and becoming a Michael Jackson impersonator.
You are being generous. There is a better chance of Michael Jackson resurrecting and becoming a Nick Saban impersonator. And I almost mean that literally, but 0% = 0%.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I think it all depends on which FSU team shows up to play. If the team that played Florida shows up, Oregon wins by 2 TDs(+).
If the team that played GA Tech shows up, Oregon will have their work cut out for them. Considering their respective competition, I think the latter will show. At the end though, I expect the the Criminoles to be laid out on the field covered in duck feathers.
Oregon 34
FSU 27

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.