JK Scott... Wow, what a punt under pressure

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
So exactly how long was that punt on Saturday when he had trouble catching the bad snap, had serious pressure, took one step, and got no roll at all? That was unbelievable. Great job, JK!

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I thought so at first, but is there a rule about a fumbled snap that makes the punter 'fair game'?
So, if a QB fumbles the snap, recovers it, then goes back to pass and does so -- can you hit him after the pass as long as the play hasn't been whistled dead? Because to me, that's a dangerous precedent to set....

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I hope he can win the Ray Guy award. I am afraid he won't with him being so young. He has been a weapon for us this year. Especially in games like Mississippi state. The field position was extremely helpful in defending them.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I thought so at first, but is there a rule about a fumbled snap that makes the punter 'fair game'?
What he said! It was discussed at pretty great length during the game thread. Due to the fumble of the snap, the ball is live and the punter becomes fair game.

I was thinking about that play earlier. That was the play of the game in my opinion. Mizzou had a free run to the end zone had that been blocked. It might have been the shot of momentum that Mizzou needed.

Scott has had a remarkable year, and that was the highlight of the year imo.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Honestly, Scott may have made my jaw drop this year as many times as Cooper. If I had a vote, he'd get my vote for Freshman of the Year in the SEC.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL
Honestly, I think we not only have the best punter in the nation, but also the best receiver, safety, and maybe even quarterback for sure.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Unless there's a punter I don't about that is having a better year he should be a shoe in for the Ray Guy award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.