The rest of the SEC's bowl games

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
At least the Vols President is "Happy" about going to the "TaxSlayer Bowl"..It's fun watching the puke orange remain in a mediocrity state as a football program & be "Happy" about it..LOL

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
We should show this video to any recruit that we want that is also considering Tennessee. NO WAY they could keep from laughing!

At least the Vols President is "Happy" about going to the "TaxSlayer Bowl"..It's fun watching the puke orange remain in a mediocrity state as a football program & be "Happy" about it..LOL

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I can see them being happy just making a Bowl Game, but, this is a bottom of the barrel type Bowl & I wouldn't go making "Happy" videos about it..I laugh every-time I watch it cause it makes me "Happy" they're still at the level of mediocrity & will remain there for the foreseeable future..Butch Jones is a descent HC, but, they need a big-time named HC that will take their recruiting nationwide up a notch that will make them a NC type contender once again or open up the checkbooks & risk NCAA sanctions like the type system "Phat Phil" had in place that brought in the 5* type Blue Chippers when they were a force in college football..As long as Butch Jones is there..He will have descent years, but, I just don't ever see him taking them to the NCAA "Play-offs" as The Viles HC..JMHO..As long as they're "Happy" more power to the puke orange..It makes me "Happy" to see them playing in these type Bowls..
We should show this video to any recruit that we want that is also considering Tennessee. NO WAY they could keep from laughing!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Not SEC, but I noticed UAB did not get an invite.
I mentioned this on the other bowl-related thread. I'm sure the committee took into account the shutting down of the UAB fb program. Also, and more importantly, there is the $$$ issue to be considered. UAB hasn't been to a bowl game in 10 years. If they can't manage to fill a small stadium like Legion Field during home games, even when they give away tickets, it's naive to think they would 'travel well' to a bowl game.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Man, when was the last time tennessee made a bowl? When Fulmer was still there? I really don't get why they put auburn against Wisconsin. An auburn-Notre Dame game would have been much better.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Duck Commander Independence Bowl
Miami vs. South Carolina

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Texas A&M vs. West Virginia

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Arkansas vs. Texas

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Notre Dame vs. LSU

Belk Bowl
Georgia vs. Louisville

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
No. 9 Ole Miss vs. No. 6 TCU

Capital One Orange Bowl
No. 7 Mississippi State vs. No. 12 Georgia Tech

Outback Bowl
Auburn vs. Wisconsin

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
Missouri vs. Minnesota

TaxSlayer Bowl
Iowa vs. Tennessee

Birmingham Bowl
East Carolina vs. Florida

Some interesting match ups there. ND vs LSU huh? Then Arky vs Texas, Ole Miss vs TCU and Miss State vs GaTech. UGA vs Louisville too.

Any predictions?
Mine in bold.

South Carolina is really terrible.
Liberty Bowl will be close but I think WV will win a close one. Much better defense.
Arkansas should win by 2 scores easily. And they're motivated ;)
LSU far superior to ND but will only win by a bit - not motivated.
UGA high scoring close one. Lou is good but UGA better.
TCU better than Ole Miss. Especially right now. But will only win by a score.
Miss State too strong. Will win by 2 scores. Should be motivated.
Auburn by 3 scores at least.
Missouri by 2 scores and they're motivated.
Tennessee glad to be in a bowl. They show up.
Florida even at their worst should beat ECU.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
The Barn & Ole Sis lose I hope, oops did I say that out loud.
I prefer them both to win thier out of conference games for conference strength purposes...
I hate it when they talk about how other conferences are coming closer to us in confernece strength, but that conversation starts with losing your out of confernece matchups, so like to see our teams do well against other conferneces, and us beat them in conference ourselves...

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Duck Commander Independence Bowl
Miami vs. South Carolina

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Texas A&M vs. West Virginia

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl
Arkansas vs. Texas

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Notre Dame vs. LSU

Belk Bowl
Georgia vs. Louisville (could go either way, if UGA runs the ball as well as the had earlier in the season, I think UGA wins, if that ground game doesn't get going by the mid 2nd quarter, Louisville is still stingy enough to pull it off)

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
No. 9 Ole Miss vs. No. 6 TCU

Capital One Orange Bowl
No. 7 Mississippi State vs. No. 12 Georgia Tech (what a great matchup, honestly would like to see Arkansas against GT but this is gonna be a battle!)

Outback Bowl
Auburn vs. Wisconsin

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl
Missouri vs. Minnesota

TaxSlayer Bowl
Iowa vs. Tennessee (Iowa has the best punter in the nation, next to our bad boy, and will win the field position the whole game)

Birmingham Bowl
East Carolina vs. Florida
Wow, did the season fly by?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.