The rest of the SEC's bowl games

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Bowl game season, I pull for SEC 100% even Auburn (washing my fingers with diesel and lye after this post ;) ). I think we go 8-3 (10-3 counting our games). I think a good question is which is the closest matchup and which is the most lopsided matchup?

Closest: I'm sticking with Georgia/L'ville
Lopsided: Barn vs Wisky -- Should be a win by a few scores though they will have trouble with Melvin Gordon. Barn scores fast and Wisky scores slow.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Miami vs USC is an odd selection for Shreveport. One school has good traveling fans but is nearly 12-hours away, and the other school is 16-hours away with terrible traveling fans. If USC sends 8,000 fans there may be 8,500 total, plus any locals. There are plenty of bad bowls situated closer to these two schools, and plenty of bad teams situated closer to Shreveport for this to end up being the matchup, but when you have a crappy season like USC and UM did, you really can’t gripe too much.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Florida should just ship their game jersey's to UAB and let them be their proxy. It would save Florida a ton in travel costs, the UAB players would get to play in a bowl and the crowd would be about the same size.
Tickets will be dirt cheap I would be surprised if this does no sell out. A lot of people will show up just to watch an SEC team play.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The 2010 Music City Bowl (loss to North Carolina). They lost to VT in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl the year before. UT's last bowl win came seven seasons ago when they defeated Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl.
Oh, yeah, 2007. They actually won the SEC East that season. As bad as tennessee has looked these last several years, it's hard to believe that they were division champs just seven years ago!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ttt

Sorry to necropost this old thread, but I didn't know where else to put this.

Duke is sitting for the bowl but likely returning next season.
The comments after that article seem to suggest that he has been suspended for a fight. Not sure what his draft prospects are, but he probably isn't a first rounder so staying one more year makes sense because he probably has first round talent if he can continue to develop.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The comments after that article seem to suggest that he has been suspended for a fight. Not sure what his draft prospects are, but he probably isn't a first rounder so staying one more year makes sense because he probably has first round talent if he can continue to develop.
Someone suggested he got in a fight with Cassanova McKinzy. That would explain the injured eye mentioned in the link.

Speculation hit a high note when Williams posted a photo of himself with what appeared to be an injured eye Monday on Instagram. He later deleted the picture.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
He's projected late 1st to middle 2nd round. Were I him, I would be gone with the quickness. Too much at risk. 2nd round money is 2nd round money, and I'd take that it a heartbeat.

In my selfishness, I am glad he will be back, though.

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
The SEC hasn't been showing up these games. People are finally getting what they want. The SEC on a downward spiral.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He's projected late 1st to middle 2nd round. Were I him, I would be gone with the quickness. Too much at risk. 2nd round money is 2nd round money, and I'd take that it a heartbeat.

In my selfishness, I am glad he will be back, though.
After watching Coates and Williams in the Iron Bowl, I was hoping both of them would go pro. :). However, he could have a huge year next with Johnson throwing to him, and that could possibly propel him to the top half of the first round like Cooper's year has done for him. It may turn out to be a smart decision, but I am like you- I would take the second round money now and try to get that big second contract money with my performance in the NFL. Now, as far as the bowl game goes, I do not know if I can pull for AU, but I may try.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.