ADMIN NOTE: DeAndrew White Tribute (DON'T just use a player's name)

TomTide

BamaNation Citizen
Man, it's really "pick your poison" with this group of receivers, and White is a big reason for it. He camme up big in the SECCG, when Mizzou was double covering Coop, and White ran Coop's Iron Bowl route, and on a few other occasions.

He was also the reason we won the Iron Bowl, IMO. He was unheralded on that huge 4th and 3 conversion, and that swung the momentum for the entire game. If he didn't stretch and get that conversion, I'm not sure we could have come back out and won it.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
Re: DeAndrew White

He was also a major part of winning the LSU game too. We definitely have the play makers to back up Cooper.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

DeAndrew and Christion Jones really stepped in this game, because MIZZ actually did a great job of limiting Coop from making big plays in this game. I think it also the progression of Blake's maturity as a QB. That underneath toss to Vogler when he wanted to go to Coop is a throw I'm not sure Blake makes earlier in the year.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

He's kind of this years' Kevin Norwood. He's made some really clutch plays. I think he is open a lot because Amari gets so much attention.

D. White has been great this season and we've actually needed that out of him. Like some have pointed out he's been that Norwood type guy.

Sims has been doing really good things as of late himself. He's found all kinds of open receivers including White and Jones. But what I really love is that he's found OJ. Gotta love it going forward.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

According to Joey Galloway (ESPN), we have no play makers after Amari Cooper. Ohio State can neutralize Amari and make us one-dimensional... It makes you wonder if he's even watched Bama play.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

And Joey Galloway argued yesterday endlessly that tOSU only had to eliminate Coop and Bama had nothing else. He kept saying Ohio State had the best matchup with their game against Alabama. I think even Danny Kannell laughed at Galloway's ideas. What a knucklehead.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA

According to Joey Galloway (ESPN), we have no play makers after Amari Cooper. Ohio State can neutralize Amari and make us one-dimensional... It makes you wonder if he's even watched Bama play.
I heard that also, and thought to myself, "OK Mister Football, let them triple team Coop and watch what happens." That jerk needs to get over his failed attempt to play WR against Bama. As I recall we didn't have much trouble shutting him down.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

It's amazing that in the same room with Danny Kanell and Jesse Palmer, it's Joey Galloway who sounds like the dumbest guy there.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

There has been several cases where White and Jones was open a lot throughout the season, but Sims was targeting Cooper most of the time. I think It was done by design so White/JOnes/Howard would get more looks down the road and it worked. I would expect Ohio to double up on Cooper, but White and JOnes to have big game.. White /Jones is valuable to the team and without them, we wouldn't be here.
He's kind of this years' Kevin Norwood. He's made some really clutch plays. I think he is open a lot because Amari gets so much attention.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Unfortunately I don't think OSU's coaching staff believes that.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

Bama is a far better team with DeAndrew on our roster, for sure, and we wouldn't be where we are without his big play ability. One of the most un-sung aspects of his game IMO is his unselfishness. WR's are naturally cocky and want the ball thrown their way, but with CLK's focus on getting Coop the ball this year, a top-notch player like DeAndrew could have been an 'energy vampire'. But that hasn't happened on this team, and I give a big shout-out to DeAndrew and the entire corp of receivers for focusing on Team First this year. Roll Tide!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.