Is Bo Scarborough Locked and Loaded for RB ?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That's what I understood as well. He will be at RB, WR, HB, TE and sometime at FB. He needs to learn how to block and I think we'll see him working on that more this month and spring and then we'll know where he'll stand with the team. I can see him being on same field with Drake and howard at same time. That's a nightmare. On top of that, he can line up anywhere with Howard, Jones, Henry, Stewart, Falkins, Foster, Black, Drake... There's lot of options there. I don't think we'll see the same offense we saw this year. It'll be different style and teams will be caught off guard next year.
Unless something's changed, staff seemed to have a Drake type role envisioned for Bo.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
He cannot play. He's not enrolled in school. He can't enroll until Jan.
Thanks! I found this quote that clarifies the situation...

"Once a guy finishes all the things that he has to do by NCAA rules and is admitted to school, he's eligible to practice," Alabama head coach Nick Saban said. "He can't play. So while we're practicing here, he can participate in practices."

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If this is accurate (big if), then there really isn't a downside to playing him as he would be eligible to go to the NFL 3 years after his high school class's graduation anyway.
Come on guys. Do you really think Saban and staff would make plans to play somebody in the national championship play-off that has participated in only several bowl game practices and has not played football in over a year. I don't care how good the player may be that is not going to happen.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That's what I understood as well. He will be at RB, WR, HB, TE and sometime at FB. He needs to learn how to block and I think we'll see him working on that more this month and spring and then we'll know where he'll stand with the team. I can see him being on same field with Drake and howard at same time. That's a nightmare. On top of that, he can line up anywhere with Howard, Jones, Henry, Stewart, Falkins, Foster, Black, Drake... There's lot of options there. I don't think we'll see the same offense we saw this year. It'll be different style and teams will be caught off guard next year.
Yea, different QB with playmakers of other skillsets. Bama will be a different kind of potent next year under Lane's tutelage.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Not meaning to be a naysayer, but unless Scarborough takes real advantage of the three practice periods before next season (bowl, spring, and fall camp) to learn his assignments and polish his blocking skills he'll end up like Henry did his first year, playing a little special teams, doing a bit of mop-up duty, and spending a lot of sidelines time watching. Remember that the lights really didn't come on for Henry until the practices before the Oklahoma game and that impacted his playing time severely. Had a great bowl game though...

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Not meaning to be a naysayer, but unless Scarborough takes real advantage of the three practice periods before next season (bowl, spring, and fall camp) to learn his assignments and polish his blocking skills he'll end up like Henry did his first year, playing a little special teams, doing a bit of mop-up duty, and spending a lot of sidelines time watching. Remember that the lights really didn't come on for Henry until the practices before the Oklahoma game and that impacted his playing time severely. Had a great bowl game though...
Bo is getting reps now that Henry didn't, plus he broke his leg and missed time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.