Who else loves the big dose of Henry we have been giving out in the 4th Q?

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
He has simply came in fresh against the barn and Mizz and light them up late. That has to be a lot to handle when you are worn out. RTR

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I love it! However, i wish they'd quit trying to run that "read option" with him. He isn't that type back...if they wanna do that...put 20 in. Wanna put the hurt on em...do like they did that couple times...toss sweep with nudie and a pulling guard leading the way!

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
Can you imagine having to tackle this guy late in the game after you are already tired and beat up? It's almost not fair. That is a grown man.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I'm very glad that we have gone to using him on the toss sweep more and more. I had been calling for that before we really started doing it heavily which I think was against LSU early (before we went pass happy). To me it sets him up incredibly well cause it allows him to use his speed on the edge and he is dealing with less traffic which seesm to be his problem.

Henry is really a speed back in the mold of a bruising between the tackles back. He can break tackles but he is better doing it out on the perimeter away from all of the mess between the tackles and where he is able to get up a head of steam before contact. I look to see more of this particularly at the end of games if we will the other team is wearing down.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I'm very glad that we have gone to using him on the toss sweep more and more. I had been calling for that before we really started doing it heavily which I think was against LSU early (before we went pass happy). To me it sets him up incredibly well cause it allows him to use his speed on the edge and he is dealing with less traffic which seesm to be his problem.

Henry is really a speed back in the mold of a bruising between the tackles back. He can break tackles but he is better doing it out on the perimeter away from all of the mess between the tackles and where he is able to get up a head of steam before contact. I look to see more of this particularly at the end of games if we will the other team is wearing down.
Exactly!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I love it! However, i wish they'd quit trying to run that "read option" with him. He isn't that type back...if they wanna do that...put 20 in. Wanna put the hurt on em...do like they did that couple times...toss sweep with nudie and a pulling guard leading the way!
I agree. You gotta get Henry north/south. He doesn't have great lateral agilty to get very far going east/west..

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
I'm loving the TJ for 3qtrs and Henry beating them up in the 4th. Tj is still getting his TDs, but Henry is getting the yards.

And is it just me.... but I never think Henry is moving very fast and BAM, he has 25 yards. I think it is his 5' long legs that is misleading me. It's like he trips and gets a first down!! lol

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think Henry's been trying to get a little better at the point of attack. Sometimes these things just get better with experience. Add to that our OL has been run blocking better the last few weeks even with the injuries. I also think they have mixed in a few more plays that allow him to get up to speed before contact. At this point with Fowler at fullback it's almost unfair and he could be our tailback if we actually needed him to.

Having said all that the worst news for Ohio State is that Yeldon will probably be close to if not 100 percent in three weeks.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I liked the lead blocking he did in some of the plays against Missouri as well. The play that had the bogus illegal motion penalty was really impressive with Fowler and Henry leading the blocks for Cooper. I'd like to see some of that again with Cooper or maybe Christion Jones running.

Folks have said it for a while; Henry looks slow due to his size but he runs pretty fast when he hits the edge.

Hard to believe he is almost a junior already.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
As someone said in another thread, He has become the 'Closer'.

He doesn't just drive the nail in with a hammer...He bludgeons it with a Sledgehammer and it's a Beautiful thing!!! :)

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
I'm loving the TJ for 3qtrs and Henry beating them up in the 4th. Tj is still getting his TDs, but Henry is getting the yards.

And is it just me.... but I never think Henry is moving very fast and BAM, he has 25 yards. I think it is his 5' long legs that is misleading me. It's like he trips and gets a first down!! lol
They used to say the same thing about Eric Dickerson too.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

OTOH, he seems to have learned, when we need a yard or two, not to dance and look for a hole, but to put his head down, run straight ahead and take tacklers with him...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

He and Yeldon both run in the low to middle 4.4s. If anything, he's just a whisker faster. I personally think that it really helps him when he breaks containment. For those who don't hesitate, but decide to take him on, they take bad angles and he just blows by them...

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
OTOH, he seems to have learned, when we need a yard or two, not to dance and look for a hole, but to put his head down, run straight ahead and take tacklers with him...
You're right, and I wish TJ would learn to do that. TJ still seems to dance a little too much at the LOS.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.