Trey DePriest
Jarran Reed
A'Shawn Robinson

Last edited:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
At the end of the season, Blake Sims passed Dak Prescott in pretty much every measurable category for a passing QB. I guess everyone turned in their ballots in early November?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I would have thought big Cam would have made first or second team. Has there really been 2 better tackles than him all year?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
At the end of the season, Blake Sims passed Dak Prescott in pretty much every measurable category for a passing QB. I guess everyone turned in their ballots in early November?
He beats him in every category unless you count more INTs and more sacks as a positive. In which case, Dak beat him in two. SEC stats

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Blake not being 1st team is an example of people making up their minds what they are going to do ahead of time. What a shame. I'm sure his SEC ring and MVP award will help him feel better, but a National Championship ring will be even better.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Depriest continues to get overlooked, it's unfair.....
Coach not being Coach of the Year is a travesty.....sorry.....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I question this choice:

First teamers from Bama:

Amari Cooper
Arie Kouandjio
Johnathan Allen
Reggie Ragland
Landon Collins
JK Scott
Blake Sims should be here

Second teamers:

Austin Shepherd
Cyrus Jones

Honorable mention:

Ryan Kelly
Trey DePriest
Jarran Reed
A'Shawn Robinson

I would expect Yeldon, Henry White, Pettway, Depriest on Honorable mentionables....

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Dak has 900+ yards rushing
That is correct...but Blake beats him in every other category as a QB. I'm sure everyone remembers the Bama/MSU game. Dak lost that game due to his mistakes as a QB...and Blake won it.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter and Sims won't ever be in any Hall of Fame due to the brevity of his time as a starting QB. But he proved over the course of a season to be the best QB in the SEC.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
To me Dickson, Reed, and Robinson are all undervalued on this list. The combo of Reed and Robinson in the middle is one of the key factors in our success this year. Dickson has provided a pass rushing presence all year long and is one of the league leaders in sacks.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Dan Mullen wins Coach of the Year even though he lost the two biggest games of the season.
Yeah, but the media predicted State to finish fourth in the West. Therefore, Mullen "deserves" the award for exceeding the media's expectation for the team.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Depriest continues to get overlooked, it's unfair.....
Coach not being Coach of the Year is a travesty.....sorry.....
I don't think DePriest gets overlooked. He's a good run stopping MLB, but he's somewhat of a liability in space in my opinion, probably why he's not higher.

I think Saban has done a fantastic job, probably deserves the award, but hard to argue what Mullen did with less at MSU.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Congrats to all our players.

Sims should be first team...no doubt. In every game that we won...it was because of him. We never had to lean on our running backs for the win. He took the offense and marched down the field on many key drives.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Curt Maggitt makes 1st team at LB for Tennessee while their best LB, AJ Johnson gets honorable mention. I wonder if that has anything to do with Johnson getting suspended?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Also...a well deserved Cooper is the offensive player of the year. How do you not have the QB that threw to him on the first team?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.