Amari's going to New York!

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
He's one of three finalists, for the Heisman trophy, RTR!

Marcus Mariotta, Oregon
Amari Cooper, Bama
Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Awesome!!! After Wisky got worked that will probably be the order too. Not bad we will have had 4 Heisman finalists including a winner and 2 runner ups in 6 years at three different positions. Just Amazing.

Congrats Coop!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Congrats to him! That is a great group of guys. All deserving and it will be a great show to watch.

I love this tweet from Cecil

@CecilHurt: Amari Cooper headed to NYC. Fourth Heisman finalist in last 6 years for Alabama.

I wonder how many from '92 to 2006 were invited? 2?

Congrats to him! That is a great group of guys. All deserving and it will be a great show to watch.

I love this tweet from Cecil

@CecilHurt: Amari Cooper headed to NYC. Fourth Heisman finalist in last 6 years for Alabama.

I wonder how many from '92 to 2006 were invited? 1? (Jay Barker)
David Palmer placed third in 93 I think.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good for Amari. He will most likely finish second behind Mariota. I have no problem with that Mariota is a good guy which is something that has been lacking in this trophy the last few years.

Surprised only 3 invited this year.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
There's no one player that deserves The Heisman more than Coop, but, it's a shame Blake isn't there with him..I think Blake's body of work this year is as impressive, if not more, more impressive than Mariotta..I would go as far to say Blake is more important to our team, as Coop has been, cause Blake put this team on his back & has lead our team to the #1 ranking..I truly think & the kinda numbers he's put up, what Blake has done, is as impressive as any one player in the country & would be as deserving winning The Heisman as any player in the country..I may get flamed for stating that, but, that's just how I feel & see it..I'd vote for Blake winning The Heisman in a heartbeat..With having said all that..I sure hope folks votes fairly & doesn't pick against Coop cause he goes to Bama..There's a lot of Bama 'Haters that would vote for anyone other than Coop just cause folks are tired of all things Bama & our continued domination of college football..

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
FWIW - Two WRs have ever won the award, Tim Brown in 1987 and Desmond Howard in 1991.

Tim Brown-Notre Dame, 39 Rec. 846 YDS 3 TD
Desmond Howard-Michigan, 62 Rec. 985 YDS 19 TD

Amari Cooper-Bama, 115 Rec. 1,656 YDS 14 TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It was Heisman worthy that Mariota didn't end up injured behind their OL around mid-season. I love our guy...Blake is one of the most well-liked QBs we've ever had. I don't think people realize just how much Mariota carried that Ducks team this year. It was all him until the OL got stabilized enough to run consistently. The fact he had next to no turnovers despite having to run for his life most of the season is impressive.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.