Prediction: Florida State beats Oregon

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Jameis Winston wasn't even invited to the Heisman ceremony. Wow, as if FSU and Winston didn't need anymore motivation. This FSU vs Oregon game isn't the gimme that a lot think it will be.......

I hope FSU loses, but Oregon is going to have its hands full. Plus you have the layoff factor that tends to hurt these Up-Tempo teams. The best coaching staff usually wins these Bowl games after a layoff too and honestly, I don't have a lot of faith in Oregon's staff. I think FSU has them in that regard. So anyone thinking Oregon will run away with this game, I can almost guarantee you that it wont be that way. FSU will be one fired up squad and they'll rally around Winston. Their "US AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality will be taken to new levels now.

I'll say this much, I am glad Alabama isn't facing Florida State in that first game. Ive never seen a team get disrespected like Florida State has this year. Florida State will be one fired up motivated team against Oregon.

It wont shock me at all if Florida State beats Oregon and wins big over them.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Im leaning toward FSU as the winner of that game. It seems everytime Oregon plays a real team in this kinda circumstance they lose. FSU has that resilence facor that unless Oregon gets on them it will come back to bite oregon.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Jameis Winston wasn't even invited to the Heisman ceremony. Wow, as if FSU and Winston didn't need anymore motivation. This FSU vs Oregon game isn't the gimme that a lot think it will be.......

I hope FSU loses, but Oregon is going to have its hands full. Plus you have the layoff factor that tends to hurt these Up-Tempo teams. The best coaching staff usually wins these Bowl games after a layoff too and honestly, I don't have a lot of faith in Oregon's staff. I think FSU has them in that regard. So anyone thinking Oregon will run away with this game, I can almost guarantee you that it wont be that way. FSU will be one fired up squad and they'll rally around Winston. Their "US AGAINST THE WORLD" mentality will be taken to new levels now.

I'll say this much, I am glad Alabama isn't facing Florida State in that first game. Ive never seen a team get disrespected like Florida State has this year. Florida State will be one fired up motivated team against Oregon.

It wont shock me at all if Florida State beats Oregon and wins big over them.
Oregon wants nothing less than a Florida State playing for the championship in a non-consolation game. The challenge is welcomed and will be taken seriously by everyone on both sides. I was a bit alarmed by the predictions of Oregon completely rolling them. If Oregon plays its A game I believe we can beat them. Anything less than that is not acceptable to bring to the table and would be a disrespect to the team whose number we've drawn. That being said, Florida State has been disrespected the entire season and has not really come out angry, fired up and totally dominant. They've had ample opportunity to be so. I don't see them suddenly changing their MO now. They seem to be looking ahead to Bama and I hope they are. This will give us an opportunity to ensure they will be watching the final game from their dorms in Tallahassee.

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
Oregon wants nothing less than a Florida State playing for the championship in a non-consolation game. The challenge is welcomed and will be taken seriously by everyone on both sides. I was a bit alarmed by the predictions of Oregon completely rolling them. If Oregon plays its A game I believe we can beat them. Anything less than that is not acceptable to bring to the table and would be a disrespect to the team whose number we've drawn. That being said, Florida State has been disrespected the entire season and has not really come out angry, fired up and totally dominant. They've had ample opportunity to be so. I don't see them suddenly changing their MO now. They seem to be looking ahead to Bama and I hope they are. This will give us an opportunity to ensure they will be watching the final game from their dorms in Tallahassee.
Eating crab legs.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
They've had ample opportunity to be so. I don't see them suddenly changing their MO now. They seem to be looking ahead to Bama and I hope they are. This will give us an opportunity to ensure they will be watching the final game from their dorms in Tallahassee.
I share your confidence

FSU 42 - Oregon 35

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Maybe I am on the outside here, but I don't think this game will be close. FSU starts awfully, and unfortunately they can't afford that against Oregon. I just don't think FSU is that good, and I do think Oregon is better than most give them credit for (around here).

The lay off is the only thing that might give me slight pause, but I think Oregon walks away with this late.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
FSU's team is built a lot like Bama's - I do wonder how well Oregon will deal with big, physical lines and skill players as fast as they are. Oregon hasn't played anyone with FSU's physical talent level.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
FSU's team is built a lot like Bama's - I do wonder how well Oregon will deal with big, physical lines and skill players as fast as they are. Oregon hasn't played anyone with FSU's physical talent level.
This exactly - Oregon has not been hit like FSU is going to hit them on both sides of the ball. I know Blitz is going to recoil at the thought and scream Stanford from the rafters but I stand by my statement. FSU will be ready to play and they know the keys to beating a fast team. Add to that ... FSU is pretty fast themselves.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I agree. No offense Oregonblitz...but I think FSU has better/stronger athletes as a whole. It will be interesting.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This exactly - Oregon has not been hit like FSU is going to hit them on both sides of the ball. I know blitz is going to recoil at te thought and scream Stanford from the rafters but I stand by my statement. FSU will be ready to play and they know the keys to beating a fast team. Add to that ... FSU is pretty fast themselves.
FSU is bigger, faster, stronger than Stanford. Under Fisher they recruit about like Bama does, on average. Doesn't mean they win, but if they show up fired up, they'll be tough to handle physically by Oregon, imo.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think both teams will be amped up, but Ive learned never to bank against Auburn and FSU as of late. Im taking my same stance on the game that I took in the ACC and Pac 12 championship games... I dont care who wins to the extent of rooting for one over the other. It should be a great competitive game and on paper Oregon should win 38-30, but the problem Im having is that I see a 2005 rose bowl game. I think whoever has the ball last wins, but luck and resilence clearly favors FSU.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Utah and Michigan State, while not exactly at the same level as FSU, were not pushovers. Both were known for their above average defenses and physical play, and both are ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season. They were also both beaten soundly.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The thing is that FSU has looked very vulnerable against mobile QBs and any form of option this season. I think these things bode well for Oregon. The question is how FSU adjusts with the extra time. Oregon hasn't always looked so great in the postseason play. They've had their big games but usually against athletically deficient defenses. Auburn was able to work them with a very mediocre defense just because they had no answer for Fairley.

This one may be a shootout. I think Oregon's pass rush may create enough OL issues for FSU to get the win...but it will be a tossup.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think the committee got the 4 teams right but FSU is the worst of the 4 imho. They have played scrubs all year and barely won.

They are undisciplined and now Jimbo and Winston are arguing on national television over who runs the team and calls the game.

Oregon plays better, protects the ball FAR better, and is more disciplined and well coached than FSU.

If FSU shows up I think Oregon still wins by 10. If FSU sleep walks in the first half Oregon will name the score.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Oregon does run a triple option already. Several variations of the theme. The ZR with a hot read for the pass to the receiver. They've used the WR sweep motion to create the more "traditional" triple option (dive, keep, pitch).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.