OSU Analysis Thread...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
For some reason I keep thinking that if we keep saying how we will stomp OSU and that they are not worthy oponents, we are setting ourselves up for a big letdown like our last trip to the Sugar Bowl (which still stings). Remember what happened to Miami when they said we were not worthy oponents? They got embarassed, big time.
I said the same thing all year about ND in 2012. Said it about Ohio St. vs Florida and LSU. Not trying to be some homer who says we'll beat everybody 59-0. I remember when people saw ND players on the field warming up beside the Bama guys they began tweeting that it was over. They couldn't believe the shear size difference. Ohio St. is a good team but they aren't world beaters. I just think it will be evident early on. Could I be wrong? Sure, but I'm in no way doing what Miami fans did in 92.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't know if Henry is the fastest guy but his size and long stride seems to cause defenders issues with pursuit angles. Mizzou was a solid team when it came to angles of pursuit...but on a few of those long runs, the LBs and safeties just took bad angles when they seemed like they should have contained the run to 10-15 yards.
henry is deceptively fast

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
tOSU QB calls his third and final timeout with 9:30 left in the THIRD QUARTER. Goes to bench and asks for glasses and toilet paper because he knows he is either going blind or needs to go to the restroom, but he doesn't know which one to do first.

Same as Gino Torretta in the '93 Sugar Bowl. Game, set, match!

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
You have to really sift through the OSU sites to find anything resembling a cogent analysis thread, but this one is from their Scout site. It has some intelligent analysis and a whole lot of gibberish. They think their receiver corps is deeper than ours and all they have to do is stop Cooper. Dream on...

LINK
Good work Tide-HSV. I saw your comments on one of their boards. tOSU boards are kind of reminding me of the Notre Dame boards from two years ago. They are basing their stats off of inferior teams-- We remember that their was no way to run or even score a running TD on the vaunted Irish defense of 2012. That was until the first few minutes of the the Bama vs Notre Dame game. I even saw an Irish fan posting on tOSU boards trying to warn them of the inflated stats and the reality of playing Bama. For comfort-- tOSU fan base likes to say this Bama team is just not up to previous Bama team standards.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This is probably the most overrated team out of the final 3 IMO. Baylor and TCU would have been absolutely torched by us. Of that I have no doubt. OSU plays at least some semblance of defense but the speed differential is so profound that one game isn't enough for them to adjust. When you play week in week out against the B10 teams and then plop in a well rested, fully hyped SEC power it will be rough. This will be much like the Michigan game of a couple of years ago. This is not some powerhouse.
i really enjoyed that michigan game :) nudie was killing it in that game

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
For some reason I keep thinking that if we keep saying how we will stomp OSU and that they are not worthy oponents, we are setting ourselves up for a big letdown like our last trip to the Sugar Bowl (which still stings). Remember what happened to Miami when they said we were not worthy oponents? They got embarassed, big time.
there was a reason that we letdown in the sugar bowl last year. that reason does not exist this year.

miami got embarrassed because the miami players didn't take bama seriously. the bama players will be hyper focused on the buckeyes

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Go work Tide-HSV. I saw your comments on one of their boards. tOSU boards are kind of reminding me of the Notre Dame boards from two years ago. They are basing their stats off of inferior teams-- We remember that their was no way to run or even score a running TD on the vaunted Irish defense of 2012. That was until the first few minutes of the the Bama vs Notre Dame game. I even saw an Irish fan posting on tOSU boards trying to warn them of the inflated stats and the reality of playing Bama. For comfort-- tOSU fan base likes to say this Bama team is just not up to previous Bama team standards.
i absolutely loved herbie's commentary about half way through the first quarter.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
I can't give an in depth analysis on OSU because I just haven't seen enough of them but the one thing I have seen flicking between 2-3 games is Bosa making plays.
He is by far their best player. Shepard will have his work cut out for him blocking Bosa.

I think the defense can handle C Jones and the offense. Jones threw some jump balls in coverage much like we have given up the last 2 games but I don't think their receivers are quite the threat as we have seen the last 2 games.

Im getting highly upset browsing that thread. I'm near creating an account and replying to each delusional post.
I won't go there. When a team goes into OT with the likes of a bad Penn State team, it tells me all I need to know. OSU hasn't played anyone as good as the team we just stomped. Some say Minnesota, but come on. Who could they truly beat in the SEC? Kentucky? Vandy?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
...OSU hasn't played anyone as good as the team we just stomped. Some say Minnesota, but come on. Who could they truly beat in the SEC? Kentucky? Vandy?
Agreed that Mizzou is better than MN, but the rest is the same type of biased thinking that you see from the OSU posters in that thread.

OSU fans are like Alabama fans - each believes to the depth of their souls that their team can win every week. Each comes up with stats to show how/why their team is better every week. When you go to an OSU board, if you expect to see them praising Alabama and talking about how great Alabama is or why OSU will struggle in this game, that is because you simply are not thinking it through. They are fans of a great team and a great program. They are not going to take a back seat to Alabama or anyone else on an OSU board.

Why would they do that? Would you?

Agreed that Mizzou is better than MN, but the rest is the same type of biased thinking that you see from the OSU posters in that thread.

OSU fans are like Alabama fans - each believes to the depth of their souls that their team can win every week. Each comes up with stats to show how/why their team is better every week. When you go to an OSU board, if you expect to see them praising Alabama and talking about how great Alabama is or why OSU will struggle in this game, that is because you simply are not thinking it through. They are fans of a great team and a great program. They are not going to take a back seat to Alabama or anyone else on an OSU board.

Why would they do that? Would you?
I can understand, but I'm looking at the body of work. I don't see any AUs, Mississippi, or MSUs, not even LSUs on their schedule. That's what I'm looking at. I did the same with ND a few years ago and some thought I was dead wrong. I'm not saying the OSU is any worse or better, but I do see some symptoms here.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
I won't go there. When a team goes into OT with the likes of a bad Penn State team, it tells me all I need to know. OSU hasn't played anyone as good as the team we just stomped. Some say Minnesota, but come on. Who could they truly beat in the SEC? Kentucky? Vandy?
Just look at their schedule, they played no one most of the year, then beat Michigan St. and closed the season beating Wisconsin.
But MSU and Wisconsin didn't beat any real good teams themselves, so how good are they anyway?
Plus the Buckeyes best player and leader of the offense isn't even suiting up.

I don't see how anybody could seriously pick OSU to beat Bama, i mean it's possible in a one game situation, but just not likely.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Go work Tide-HSV. I saw your comments on one of their boards. tOSU boards are kind of reminding me of the Notre Dame boards from two years ago. They are basing their stats off of inferior teams-- We remember that their was no way to run or even score a running TD on the vaunted Irish defense of 2012. That was until the first few minutes of the the Bama vs Notre Dame game. I even saw an Irish fan posting on tOSU boards trying to warn them of the inflated stats and the reality of playing Bama. For comfort-- tOSU fan base likes to say this Bama team is just not up to previous Bama team standards.
Can I get some links to these knowledge bombs?

Just look at their schedule, they played no one most of the year, then beat Michigan St. and closed the season beating Wisconsin.
But MSU and Wisconsin didn't beat any real good teams themselves, so how good are they anyway?
Plus the Buckeyes best player and leader of the offense isn't even suiting up.

I don't see how anybody could seriously pick OSU to beat Bama, i mean it's possible in a one game situation, but just not likely.
The spread seems right. It will be a double digit win for Bama.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.