OSU Analysis Thread...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am guessing their coach mailed it in because he knew he was leaving.
It's possible. I've seen it happen b4 with ucla vs Stanford 2 years ago. Ucla vs Stanford kept Oregon out and made an immediate rematch happen the very next week giving Stanford the rose bowl. I'm still analyzing it and will give my opinion when Jess gives his breakdown

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Believe it or not, he is a good guy. You would like him if you met him. I don't care for him as a college football analyst for two reasons:

* He is a homer, and he can't/won't hide it.
* He will not let anything go. He digs in and defends a position, even when it is clear that everyone else is ready to move on. Heck, he'll bring up points weeks later that he has already argued to death.
Finebaum is a really nice guy too. I think his show is hilarious but the interviews are top notch. He's the best on that front IMO.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Wait, you said it was your Dad, not your father-in law. Weird mistake, especially since it's obviously not just a typo - in one case, you grew to love your FIL, in the other your learned to love Bama at an early age - which is it?

At this point should be do away with the pleasantries and just call you NYBF?
Funny...I zapped NYBF, then his aliases Disney Tide and Simply Tide. Surely this is not yet another reincarnation. :biggrin2:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
We don't know what happened that last week. When Fran left, the last week he spent mostly in College Station, leaving the game plan up to the assistants. The players saw the handwriting on the wall and you could see it in our defeat. The same or similar may have happened with Wisky...
All the more reason to despise Fran and applaud how Saban tried to stay focused on the Dolphins amid the media circus of "Saban to Bama." His loyalty was clearly to the guy paying his salary and the players he was then coaching and all the "Saban to Bama" talk was detrimental to both. Saban had it (mostly) right and Fran had it completely wrong.
The Football Fates have rewarded both accordingly.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
A few weeks, I was going through the myriad of sites I had bookmarked. Found one where we indicated our locations, on a map. On some of the markers, the user's name was shown, if you put the cursor over it.

Then I noticed a few markers, in far away countries. One was in Greece. Curious who it was, and............if Mt. Olympus won't come to NYBF, NYBF will just have to take over Mt. Olympus.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
A few weeks, I was going through the myriad of sites I had bookmarked. Found one where we indicated our locations, on a map. On some of the markers, the user's name was shown, if you put the cursor over it.

Then I noticed a few markers, in far away countries. One was in Greece. Curious who it was, and............if Mt. Olympus won't come to NYBF, NYBF will just have to take over Mt. Olympus.
He also has an apartment in the Vatican.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.