OSU Analysis Thread...

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I think you nailed it; If Bama plays great they will win. If Bama turns it over or plays average, Ohio St will win. But the two teams are very competitive. Bama is not good enough to win without playing well in this game.
Your 2012 team had the best O-Line in college football history and Lacy at RB - the same Lacy who has been an absolute beast in the NFL. I don't think that it was ND as much as it was Alabama. I remember the threads leading up to that game and we all knew, really knew, that Alabama was going to be able to run the ball at will in that game. Saban had over a month to prepare, and you had the horses to dominate a team that was really lucky to even be in the game. Notre Dame was not the second best team in the country that year. They might not have belonged in the top 10.

This Alabama team has more talent across the board than the 2012 team had, but you have only played like it in spurts. If the dominant Alabama teams shows up, I think that we will really struggle in this game and it could be over by half-time. But if the other Alabama team shows up, we are good enough to beat you. We are a lot better than most of you think. We are a lot better than that 2012 Notre Dame team.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Alabama will not win with B-grade effort. The only way Alabama will win without one of their best efforts is if Ohio State self-destructs likes the Orange Bowl last year.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The other funny tidbit I read over on the Buckeye scout board was about Big Cam. Apparently he can be targeted, because while he was highly touted, he's far from dominant and a possible weak link. Hahahaha
LOL, are they talking about Cam Cameron? Because there's no way an intelligent fan from any team would suggest that about Robinson...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Cam may get beaten because he's gonna have a load of an assignment but it is idiotic to think they'd target him. His graded out well all season.

BuckeyeAlumnus

Suspended
Dec 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
I've read their scout board for the last two days. Pretty disappointing stuff. Maybe 1-2 out of 10 posts actually discuss the game, match ups, strategy, etc. The rest devolve into cheating, ncaa violations, and how CNS is evil. They like to point at the OM loss, too. Very little mention is made of VT, or how OM is a Big 6 Bowl Team.

Many just don't know what they are talking about. One thought Drake was still playing. Another claimed BS wasn't an effective passer while rolling out. While yet another listed our DL as a weakness compared to past teams. Fans will be fans, I get that. The ignorance is regrettable.
Why is everyone reading scout.com? Those boards are full of the biggest idiots in the world...most of them are probably duplicates of themselves...schizos in their mom's basement.

I haven't seen much of what you guys are referring to, but I stay off of the degenerate forums like scout and rivals.

In any case, people talking on message boards are generally crazies (except us, of course)..."real" people that I've talked to in person know what we're up against.

Last edited:

BuckeyeAlumnus

Suspended
Dec 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
I mean this seriously when I say that Cincinnati is probably the nicest city in Ohio. Toledo and Cleveland are just holes......Columbus....not a lot better. It's pretty unbearable living up here right now though. If I hear how Bama is over rated one more time I may throw up.
Columbus is pretty nice IMO...not as big as Cincy or Cleveland, but it's new and cleaned up for the most part. Comparable to Indianapolis. Everything else you said is correct. Akron, Toledo, Dayton, etc...all have fallen by the wayside

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Why is everyone reading scout.com? Those boards are full of the biggest idiots in the world...most of them are probably duplicates of themselves...schizos in their mom's basement.

I haven't seen much of what you guys are referring to, but I stay off of the degenerate forums like scout and rivals.

In any case, people talking on message boards are generally crazies (except us, of course)..."real" people that I've talked to in person know what we're up against.
Can you make some suggestions for other sites?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Columbus is pretty nice IMO...not as big as Cincy or Cleveland, but it's new and cleaned up for the most part. Comparable to Indianapolis. Everything else you said is correct. Akron, Toledo, Dayton, etc...all have fallen by the wayside
my best friend lives in Toledo. Great people but a city struggling to recover from a 25-year recession and diaspora. Cincinnati is a great place, and the revival of its downtown and riverfront are thriving.

That said, Ohioans are as bonkers about their team as we are about our own. That makes an objective assessment almost impossible to find.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'd say BuckeyePlanet.com is the best, followed by ElevenWarriors. Still gonna be some nuts on there, but not nearly as bad as scout or rivals
I have to ask about language policy. We're a family-oriented site and we don't link sites which have none, such as allowing four-letter words and the like...

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
I have to ask about language policy. We're a family-oriented site and we don't link sites which have none, such as allowing four-letter words and the like...
Well, I just went to BuckeyePlanet and the first link I clicked (the "civilized" Sugar Bowl discussion) very quickly had very serious four letter words.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Amazing insight by their fans.....here is one of my favorites.....

Block "O" said: ↑
I remember after we won the Rose Bowl I was in Vegas and I ran into some Bama fans (who were headed down to Pasadena) and they were just thrilled to be relevant again...now they act like they have been dominating college football at this level for the last 30 years. That was only four years ago.
Crazy what just a little bit of success will do to a fan base

They were the laughing stock of the SEC 6-7 years ago
A little bit of success?
Laughing stock?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I like the way our receivers match in with their secondary, and our offensive line too If Cardale can consistently make plays with his arm and keep extra defenders out of the box, I'll really like our chances . duh! If our QB can consistently make plays ..... duh, yes that would win the game.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I like the way our receivers match in with their secondary, and our offensive line too If Cardale can consistently make plays with his arm and keep extra defenders out of the box, I'll really like our chances . duh! If our QB can consistently make plays ..... duh, yes that would win the game.
Cardale to companion: "Toto, I don't believe we're in Kansas any more."

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
scarlet website

Language seems to be O.K. (though I have not clicked on many threads). The Sugar Bowl game thread has 199 replies already. They are playing the underdog to the max ..... whistling past the graveyard?
I was reading up on that site and doing great...moderate language, reasoned arguments...then woops, I hit the f-bomb in relation to a Bama fan dating his sister.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I was reading up on that site and doing great...moderate language, reasoned arguments...then woops, I hit the f-bomb in relation to a Bama fan dating his sister.
Well, I see they have our offense figured out... Shut down Cooper, and our offense is pretty easy to stop.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Well, I see they have our offense figured out... Shut down Cooper, and our offense is pretty easy to stop.
Nobody with any common sense is saying that for sure.....your skill people as a group are more talented than any we've faced all year, as a group and your offense much more balanced, with material threats across the field. We've faced several great backs but none of them have a Cooper on the outside and we've faced some outstanding wideouts, but none with a Yelden, Henry and Sims to complement. It will no doubt be our greatest defensive test to date. Our defense is very talented, but still young and are capable of playing outstanding football as they learn and grow. The xtra work they'll get before the game will be extremely valuable for a young team. I fully expect a much better defensive team than the one that showed up at the conference championship game against Wisky.

While it's a certainty that the Bama offense is much more than Cooper, in games which he has been controlled (not stopped, controlled) - not let him go crazy, fewer than 10 catches and/or 100 yards - it's clear that your offense runs much less efficiently - averaging 19 points a game and sub-par performances in both the running game and passing game. Of the 4 teams that were successful in that respect, Miss, Ark, LSU and MSU, I think our defense is at least the equal to any of them.....if our inexperienced QB simply doesn't let the moment and the game be too big for him and just stays within himself, this has the makings of a good one. That is however, alot to ask for a 3rd stringer starting only his second game with an outstanding defensive staff given month to prepare.....

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Nobody with any common sense is saying that for sure.....your skill people as a group are more talented than any we've faced all year, as a group and your offense much more balanced, with material threats across the field. We've faced several great backs but none of them have a Cooper on the outside and we've faced some outstanding wideouts, but none with a Yelden, Henry and Sims to complement. It will no doubt be our greatest defensive test to date. Our defense is very talented, but still young and are capable of playing outstanding football as they learn and grow. The xtra work they'll get before the game will be extremely valuable for a young team. I fully expect a much better defensive team than the one that showed up at the conference championship game against Wisky.

While it's a certainty that the Bama offense is much more than Cooper, in games which he has been controlled (not stopped, controlled) - not let him go crazy, fewer than 10 catches and/or 100 yards - it's clear that your offense runs much less efficiently - averaging 19 points a game and sub-par performances in both the running game and passing game. Of the 4 teams that were successful in that respect, Miss, Ark, LSU and MSU, I think our defense is at least the equal to any of them.....if our inexperienced QB simply doesn't let the moment and the game be too big for him and just stays within himself, this has the makings of a good one. That is however, alot to ask for a 3rd stringer starting only his second game with an outstanding defensive staff given month to prepare.....

I was going to debate that a bit, but I did my due diligence and research and found that you are really spot on. Aside from Arkansas (who you can throw out defensively), you guys are pretty close statistically to LSU, Ole Miss, and Miss St (though Miss St's defense was mainly predicated on stopping teams within the redzone). So, you are correct.

Some will try to debate that because from top to bottom the B1G may not be quite as good, that the numbers are skewed. I disagree, because the B1G is also known as an offensive league, and so typically it gives way to worse numbers.

Here is where you guys are not on the same level as the above defenses, Red Zone defense. Mississippi St (#1), Arkansas (#3), Ole Miss (#9) are all top 10 defenses int he redzone. LSU comes in at #33...you guys are #74. So if you guys can keep it between the 20's you'll be good, if not...it might be along night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.