OSU Analysis Thread...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I didn't think we'd lose to Notre Dame but I thought they'd tackle much better than they did in that game. The difference in the kind of skill players they saw in the regular season and the BCSCG kinda showed itself. They rallied to the run well against deficient teams at quarterback or lesser runners...but Lacy and Yeldon down right exposed them. I don't even think I fully appreciated just how much better of an OL and tailback they were playing against and they were my guys!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I didn't think we'd lose to Notre Dame but I thought they'd tackle much better than they did in that game. The difference in the kind of skill players they saw in the regular season and the BCSCG kinda showed itself. They rallied to the run well against deficient teams at quarterback or lesser runners...but Lacy and Yeldon down right exposed them. I don't even think I fully appreciated just how much better of an OL and tailback they were playing against and they were my guys!
That 2012 ND team was simply overrated all around. 2013 & 2014 Alabama would beat the breaks off that team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Your 2012 team had the best O-Line in college football history and Lacy at RB - the same Lacy who has been an absolute beast in the NFL. I don't think that it was ND as much as it was Alabama. I remember the threads leading up to that game and we all knew, really knew, that Alabama was going to be able to run the ball at will in that game. Saban had over a month to prepare, and you had the horses to dominate a team that was really lucky to even be in the game. Notre Dame was not the second best team in the country that year. They might not have belonged in the top 10.

This Alabama team has more talent across the board than the 2012 team had, but you have only played like it in spurts. If the dominant Alabama teams shows up, I think that we will really struggle in this game and it could be over by half-time. But if the other Alabama team shows up, we are good enough to beat you. We are a lot better than most of you think. We are a lot better than that 2012 Notre Dame team.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Your 2012 team had the best O-Line in college football history and Lacy at RB - the same Lacy who has been an absolute beast in the NFL. I don't think that it was ND as much as it was Alabama. I remember the threads leading up to that game and we all knew, really knew, that Alabama was going to be able to run the ball at will in that game. Saban had over a month to prepare, and you had the horses to dominate a team that was really lucky to even be in the game. Notre Dame was not the second best team in the country that year. They might not have belonged in the top 10.

This Alabama team has more talent across the board than the 2012 team had, but you have only played like it in spurts. If the dominant Alabama teams shows up, I think that we will really struggle in this game and it could be over by half-time. But if the other Alabama team shows up, we are good enough to beat you. We are a lot better than most of you think. We are a lot better than that 2012 Notre Dame team.
I certainly agree that Ohio State is good enough to beat us, and I agree that the game against Notre Dame was more about how good we were as opposed to them not being good. I do, however, think that Notre Dame deserved to be there. They had some very good wins that year against OU and Stanford and a few others. Notre Dame is almost always overrated, and they were no match for us that evening, but I do think they earned their shot on the field just like OSU has this year. I also agree with you about our inconsistent play. Honestly, I did not think we would be able to finish the season with only one loss after watching us play against Ole Miss and Arkansas. We needed a very dramatic drive against LSU to survive their defense, and we also had inconsistent moments against the MSU defense, but we managed to survive the SEC West with only one loss. I still worry about the troubles your defense may cause, and I hope we don't have many pass-pass-pass-punt drives that don't allow our defense to rest because that has been the worst problem in the games in which we have struggled. However, after watching this team overcome adversity and struggles, I have faith that we will be ready to play come January 1. Roll Tide!

VABuckeye

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2014
RE:Ohio State boards

I only participate in one and I've been embarrassed by the behavior of many in the Alabama threads. At the end of the day we're all just football fans rooting for our team and I see no need for what I've seen spewed forth from some posters. Fortunately the mods seem to have finally jumped in.

Here's to a great game with no injuries. :pDT_alc: on TideFans.com

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Major difference in ND and OSU is speed. ND had none. OSU does. OSU will make it a much better game because of that.
Common between the two is QB experience. Golson was a freshman for ND with a partial season of experience, and other than a few drives, we shut him down. Jones has 1 game of experience. If OSU sticks to their offense, CNS will have Bama ready to shut down Jones as well. Because we have no film on Jones, if CUM throws in some wrinkles, we could get surprised a few times. Since I don't believe CUM can throw in that many wrinkles between Dec 6 and game time, I see Bama winning this one, but no where near the margin we beat ND.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
RE:Ohio State boards

I only participate in one and I've been embarrassed by the behavior of many in the Alabama threads. At the end of the day we're all just football fans rooting for our team and I see no need for what I've seen spewed forth from some posters. Fortunately the mods seem to have finally jumped in.

Here's to a great game with no injuries. :pDT_alc: on TideFans.com
Not all fans are ones that we are proud to have. I am also looking forward to a hard hitting game with no injuries.

VABuckeye

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 9, 2014
Major difference in ND and OSU is speed. ND had none. OSU does. OSU will make it a much better game because of that.
Common between the two is QB experience. Golson was a freshman for ND with a partial season of experience, and other than a few drives, we shut him down. Jones has 1 game of experience. If OSU sticks to their offense, CNS will have Bama ready to shut down Jones as well. Because we have no film on Jones, if CUM throws in some wrinkles, we could get surprised a few times. Since I don't believe CUM can throw in that many wrinkles between Dec 6 and game time, I see Bama winning this one, but no where near the margin we beat ND.
The one thing Jones has going for him is 3 years in the system. He also got more reps in spring ball and fall camp than he would have without the Miller injury. Does this translate to success on the field? I don't know but it can't hurt.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
The one thing Jones has going for him is 3 years in the system. He also got more reps in spring ball and fall camp than he would have without the Miller injury. Does this translate to success on the field? I don't know but it can't hurt.
It will translate to some, but not enough. CNS and Coach Smart are two of the best at disguising defenses and confusing QB's; even seasoned ones. Again, I think this will be a closer game than most have predicted, but OSU is at a huge disadvantage due your QB situation.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It will translate to some, but not enough. CNS and Coach Smart are two of the best at disguising defenses and confusing QB's; even seasoned ones. Again, I think this will be a closer game than most have predicted, but OSU is at a huge disadvantage due your QB situation.
Not to mention that OSU hasn't faced a defense anywhere near as good as Alabama's this year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He's the big question mark. He defaulted into the start. It looks like Sims did also, until it's examined more closely. Then, his accomplishment in beating out someone more highly rated becomes impressive. He's much more a known quantity than Jones. It will be interesting...

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The other funny tidbit I read over on the Buckeye scout board was about Big Cam. Apparently he can be targeted, because while he was highly touted, he's far from dominant and a possible weak link. Hahahaha

Bob Minton

1st Team
Dec 4, 2011
Yeah too bad I don't have a sister. Also I've been to Cincinnati and it is a ghetto.
I mean this seriously when I say that Cincinnati is probably the nicest city in Ohio. Toledo and Cleveland are just holes......Columbus....not a lot better. It's pretty unbearable living up here right now though. If I hear how Bama is over rated one more time I may throw up.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Cleveland makes a lot of places look good, by comparison.

Been to Cincy, but only to the hotty toddy part of town. Drove through some of the rest. Yuk.

As for those other cities................they do have a bypass loop, on the Interstate.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
One game of tape and some garbage duty film plus all the other stuff with Barrett is all you need.

The problems that could happen if they see something like "he struggles throwing these routes or going this direction" in a small sample size then it proves to just be an aberration.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.