Tom Herman - 2014 Broyles Award Winner

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Lane Kiffin - 2014 Broyles Award Winner

I think he loves recuiting and calling plays .. and I don't think he realized that he's real good with playcalling on the sideline instead being in a coaching booth... Being able to connect with the players on the sideline woke him up a little and I can tell he's humbled.. and truly enjoying this season... Like it or not, Nick Saban is the reason why he's up there tonight accepting the awards...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

You know what's scary? Give CNS and CLK and CNS a month to prepare for Ohio State...... I'm going to call them the big three!
I've been very pleased with Lane. I'm glad to see us finally attempting to use scheme to beat the defense rather than just sheer talent differential. I truly haven't correctly predicted what we are going to do on offense on many plays this year. The past few years I have had a pretty good idea, I think opposing DC's have as well.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I can't see him recruiting players like QB Blake Barnett from California so hard and diligently and then turning around and leaving after a year or two. I think he'll be here a lot longer than most expect.
When he takes over as the Head Coach at Colorado State and takes Blake Barnett with him, the whole evil master plan will come to fruition.....

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

The job he did with Blake Sims was reminiscent of the one Homer Smith did with Gary Hollingsworth. Both amazing.
Homer Smith build an offense around Hollingsworth's limitations. Kiffin enhanced Sims' abilities.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

The award will be given @ 11:30 AM CST. At this point it seems like a given that CLK wins it.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

I never had a doubt about the hire. Dunno why most of the fanbase did. Anyways, congrats to CLK and this is an honor also for CNS. If you're a head coach, you have to be pleased to know you have the best coordinators in the business! CLK is a brilliant offensive mind and has been for some time. CNS would have to have 5 losing seasons in a row for me to not think he's gone soft. Even then, I'd still believe in him based on merit alone. Trust CNS. He knows what he's doing. Roll Tide Roll!!!

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

The job he did with Blake Sims was reminiscent of the one Homer Smith did with Gary Hollingsworth. Both amazing.
Only slightly...GH threw a ton of interceptions. Not sure he had the weapons around him that BS has, but still, the job LK did with him (and will do with JC IMO) was outstanding. That's kinda his MO, though....

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

He has turned out to be a great hire and has done the best coaching job of his life this season. Someone told me the other day that his family still lived in California. If that is true, that has to be an added stress being away from the family that long during a season with all the responsibilities of being a coach at this level.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

I would not be surprised if he heads back to the NFL as a coordinator.
Ain't happening. He's at 'Bama for another year, maybe two if we're lucky - then makes a big score as college HC in the B1G or ACC. Five years after that, with any sustained success in a Power Five conference, I could see him rejoining the NFL as head man, but not as a coordinator.

In any event, congratulations on the Broyles Award to the Boy Wonder turned Boy Blunder turned integral component in the Crimson Tide's anticipated 16th (and maybe [please maybe] 17th and 18th) national championship.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN

What time will they actually announce and is Lane Kiffin actually there? This live feed is odd because they did a prayer & pledge and then music with ads.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.