Next Year's returning players

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I didn't mean to quote Capt jack's comment. I do agree with him though. Jones is starting to emerge as No.2 next year, but Kenyan Drake might spilt time with Jones though. That's not necessary bad thing. Move Drake all over the field and it'll increase his value for next year draft stock.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
If kiffin is back I think Drake will be the starter but more like a Reggie Bush role with Henry as a Co stater. TJ is gone and should go for his own sake. Greene has played a lot this year and will be a good blocking TE. Watch out for Cornwell at QB.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
I feel good about the O-line next. We're set at LT and C, which are the two most important positions. Bozeman, Hill, and Jackson have gotten meaningful snaps this year which will payoff next year. I Didn't realize we were so thin at safety. This is the first year in a while where we didn't get a true freshman some meaningful snaps. In years past you could tell who was being groomed to be the next star. We shall see....

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Imagine how awesome it would be if Landon came back for one more ring.
Every year we have that basic scenario. Next season it will be imagine if Collins and Cooper had stayed. Alabama is just too high octane to end up with the guys who really just want the college experience, players come here to win, and to go pro. It's easy to forget there are highly touted guys that do return, because Alabama is always ready to send the next talented guy out there.

But, it does serve as an explanation for why Alabama isn't always unstoppable, they guys always leave early before they really live up to their full potential.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
Some questions for anybody more knowledgeable than me.
Will we have a WR to take over the "alpha-dog" spot in place of Cooper?
Did Yeldon really have a good enough year that he will be drafted within the first 3 rounds? If not, should he come back?
Someone said that Freitag would not be back next year. Why not?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
1. We do have talented receivers... we don't need alpha dogs... I don't even think Cooper is alpha dog.... all of the receivers are capable of stepping up when needed....

2. Despite injuries, He has actually done great job this year. His numbers may not show what we expect out of him, but he did more than just running balls... his blocking and catching ball was very invaluable to us... So he's gone in round 2..... Mock draft has him in Late 1st round to mid 2nd round.... Not a bad thing.

3. Freitag was busted by police.... enough said.

Did Yeldon really have a good enough year that he will be drafted within the first 3 rounds? If not, should he come back?

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
IMO, most NFL teams put so little emphasis on the RB position now I don't think any RB other than Melvin Gordon and Gurley will go in the first couple rounds. Yeldon did not have a great year this year and I just can't see him going earlier than the third round.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Saturday
Sept. 5
Wisconsin Badgers
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Sept. 12
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 19
Ole Miss Rebels
TBA---
Saturday
Sept. 26
ULM Warhawks
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 3
at Georgia Bulldogs
Sanford Stadium, Athens, GA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 10
Arkansas Razorbacks
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 17
at Texas A&M Aggies
Kyle Field, College Station, TX
TBA---
Saturday
Oct. 24
Tennessee Volunteers
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31
---Open Date------
Saturday
Nov. 7
LSU Tigers
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 14
at Mississippi State Bulldogs
Davis Wade Stadium, Starkville, MS
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21
Charleston Southern Buccaneers
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28
at Auburn Tigers
Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL
TBA

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Projected round 2 : http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=125939&draftyear=2016&genpos=RB

Projected round 1-2 http://walterfootball.com/draft2015RB.php
Projected round 2: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/RB

You get my point... There's always going to be a team that needs running back on the team. Seahawks, Eagles and other could use a player like him... Really, We have combine, that should either raise his stock or decrease.... That's something lot of folks need to think about......

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Let's think about the early enrolls that will be here next month.... Blake Barnett, Desherrius Flowers, Ronnie Harrison, Brandon Kennedy, Calvin Ridley, Deionte Thompson, Dallas Warmack... Bo Scarbough.... Yikes!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Good that we get OM at home next year. They are a young team too and should be tough next year.

Every season 3-4 true frosh/RS frosh step up and contribute heavily. It's hard to project who that'll be. With the overall mix of returning starters, experience, and young talent we should again be challenging for a CFP spot.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm anxious to see how Tyren Jones develops at RB. He runs strong and the staff seems to be getting more comfortable with putting him in the game.
Between the lines, especially with the ball in his hands, has never been the issue.

Jones' playing time has been limited by his lack of enthusiasm for the non-ball-carrying aspects of the RB position at Alabama, and his inconsistent relationships with the classroom and the S&C program.

No, I don't have a link, and I won't cite the source. But trust me. If I did, you'd believe him.

You're just going to have to take my word and the disconnect between ball-carrying performance and lack of playing time as prima facie evidence.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Between the lines, especially with the ball in his hands, has never been the issue.

Jones' playing time has been limited by his lack of enthusiasm for the non-ball-carrying aspects of the RB position at Alabama, and his inconsistent relationships with the classroom and the S&C program.

No, I don't have a link, and I won't cite the source. But trust me. If I did, you'd believe him.

You're just going to have to take my word and the disconnect between ball-carrying performance and lack of playing time as prima facie evidence.
I think most of that is pretty common knowledge to most fans who keep up with Bama football..

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

the question is where is tenpenny in that equation?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Concerns are obvious, but few. Replacing your safeties is a huge problem. They are critical to the success of a Saban/Smart defense. But replacing your QB and 3 starters on your o-line is going to be even harder. Sims eased the burden of an average run blocking o-line this year with his ability to scramble. His legs kept defenses honest.

I understand that Barnett has a similar ability to make things happen with his legs, but will he be ready to play as a true freshman? If not, you will need better o-line play than you got this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.