Julio Jones and Amari Cooper are both leaders in receiving yardage!!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
As of right now, Julio is the leader in the NFL with 1, 428 in receiving yards with 3 games remaining.
His 259 yards vs Green Bay last night is the all time best in Atlanta Falcons history, the best against the Green Bay Packers history and the 18th best in NFL history.

Amari Cooper is the leader in NCAA this season with 1, 656 receiving yards.

I don't know if its ever happen for the same school to have 2 WRs lead in receiving yards both in the NFL and NCAA at the same time.

Not bad for a school known for its running backs..

BTW, Amari is the 4th Alabama player to be invited to New York for the Heisman Award since 2009.
He becomes the 1st WR in Alabama history to be a finalist. Since Coach Saban arrived, we have had 2 RBs, QB, and now a WR in the final standings. You don't think this becomes a great recruiting tool??? :wink:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
As of right now, Julio is the leader in the NFL with 1, 428 in receiving yards with 3 games remaining.
His 259 yards vs Green Bay last night is the all time best in Atlanta Falcons history, the best against the Green Bay Packers history and the 18th best in NFL history.

Amari Cooper is the leader in NCAA this season with 1, 656 receiving yards.

I don't know if its ever happen for the same school to have 2 WRs lead in receiving yards both in the NFL and NCAA at the same time.

Not bad for a school known for its running backs..

BTW, Amari is the 4th Alabama player to be invited to New York for the Heisman Award since 2009.
He becomes the 1st WR in Alabama history to be a finalist. Since Coach Saban arrived, we have had 2 RBs, QB, and now a WR in the final standings. You don't think this becomes a great recruiting tool??? :wink:
I was a little disappointed in Julio. He could easily have had over 300 yards and another TD. He had plenty of room to get his second foot down on the 39 yard pass in the end zone. Plus left the game with an injury .......again

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I was a little disappointed in Julio. He could easily have had over 300 yards and another TD. He had plenty of room to get his second foot down on the 39 yard pass in the end zone. Plus left the game with an injury .......again
He's struggled getting his second foot down at times...I've felt the same way. But he left it all on the field last night. Those last fifty yards he got were exhausting, you could tell. As for the injury, I don't think it was serious. He should be back soon. As exhausted as he was, he would've seriously risked making it worse had he continued to play. I imagine the exhaustion was how he hurt himself in the first place.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Please tell me you aren't serious? His momentum carried him too far to get his lead foot down on that play.

He also made several catches after his hip started bothering him. Did you want him to just go back in and suffer a season ending injury?

How in the world could you be disappointed? He set a franchise record and gutted the hip issue out as long as possible!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Julio is in the mode of Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. Big and Physical. Amari is more of a Jerry Rice or AJ Green. Precise route runner and cerebral.

Bama players are really starting to shine in the NFL . Eddie Lacey is becoming a star in his own right, amari will continue the trend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk yuuyyyy

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
Last night I was telling my wife that Amari Cooper is the best receiver Alabama has ever had. Five minutes later, I turned on Monday Night Football and watched Julio rack up the 18th most receiving yards ever in an NFL game. Incredible performance.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I would hate to see him get drafted by North Carolina. That would mean Cam would rack up a ton of yards passing.
I agree with that. I live in NOrth Carolina, and I was a Panthers fan before they drafted Ca$h Newton. But, I really think that Julio, and Cooper would be such different styles, but both exceptional. I think that the Falcons would be a mismatch for any secondary if they drafted Cooper.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Julio is in the mode of Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson. Big and Physical. Amari is more of a Jerry Rice or AJ Green. Precise route runner and cerebral.

Bama players are really starting to shine in the NFL . Eddie Lacey is becoming a star in his own right, amari will continue the trend!

I was just saying this last night. With all the Bama boys doing well, and not just one particular position either, it is a wonderful recruiting tool.

Nothingfaced

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2014
Excuse the ignorance, but whatever happened to DJ Hall?

I've always thought he was Alabama's greatest receiver. He pretty much carried the team in the Shula years.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
This reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend who is a ND fan. His question was why don't Bama players pan out in the NFL. I proposed this to him, the expectations for our players to succeed is so high that anyting short of a 10 year Pro-Bowl career is considered failure. Not to mention, guys are drafted so high they find themselves on perennial bottom dwellers with turnover in the front office and coaching staff. I ended the conversation with Courtney "Toich that thang 4" Upshaw. I daid what you don't know is as a rookie be was calling the defense against the 49ers in the Super Bowl, not future HOFer Ray Lewis. That left him speechless.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I respectfully disagree about the Julio and Randy Moss comparison. RM was about as much of a finesse receiver as one could be. Julio is about as physical of a receiver as one could be. RM caught almost exclusively deep balls down the field by out jumping and out running defenders. Julio normally catches shorter passes, breaks a few tackles, and then is off to the races. Just two very different types or receivers IMO..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.