Lane Kiffin Radio Interview

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Great interview, thanks so much for posting! I've been waiting on something like this for awhile now. I couldn't be happier to have coach Lane Kiffin, he's been amazing and will be excited to have him back. You can tell he has an amazing appreciation for coach Saban!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw this on the other board and thought i would share this with you:

http://www.1037thebuzz.com/media-gallery/detail.asp?GalleryID=7656

One thing that stood outduring the interview was that He wondered what could've happened if Drake hadn't got hurt and that he was looking forward to have Drake coming back next year... Sounds like he's not going anywhere...
Hope he stays put. I like he is looking forward to utilizing Drake again next year. I also look forward to seeing him use Bo Scarborough in a similar style. Bo has great hands and can fly and I have a feeling he will be used a lot like Kenyan has been/will be used.

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
I saw this on the other board and thought i would share this with you:

http://www.1037thebuzz.com/media-gallery/detail.asp?GalleryID=7656

One thing that stood outduring the interview was that He wondered what could've happened if Drake hadn't got hurt and that he was looking forward to have Drake coming back next year... Sounds like he's not going anywhere...
Coach Kiffin has been an awesome addition this year. Don't know how the coaching circles go and how short memories maybe, but I didn't think he would have been in position to go anywhere after 1 year.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think a lot of people being critical about Alabama/Sims/Kiffin after the Ole Miss and Arkansas game didn't really appreciate the gravity of the injuries.

Yes, Drake was "only" the third string running back, but he was also the second leading receiver (and he getting a lot of receiving yards in scrimmages to), so when he went down, and White was injured, suddenly Sims is missing his #2 and #3 targets. In turn, Kiffin was trying to come up with plays that didn't need either of those guys, and clearly he built part of the gameplan around exploiting the mismatches Drake creates. Then, on top of that the center goes down and just getting the ball snapped was an issue. That wasn't everything though, all this was happening when Alabama was facing fantastic defenses.

The fact that the team didn't go completely off the rails is a testament to Kiffin and Sims both hanging in there and making things work with what they had left.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Funny Stuff! For those that just like to "point and click"!

[video=youtube;M-GEhsirksE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M-GEhsirksE[/video]

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Media was trying to make like a riff was between CLK & CNS, but guess what CNS talks to Everyone except Miss Terry that way.

Kiffin has grown as a coach this year, I bet he's thankful

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The interview makes it clear he's thinking about next season at Bama. He comes across very well in the interview, it was a good read.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.