*** RB Damien Harris Commits to Alabama ***

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Re: RB Damien Harris Updates

Thanks for that. From that reaction it does look good. That was Barnett standing next to Damien.
No offense but that wasn't Blake, Blake has blond hair. That was number 1 Jarrett Stidham who is headed to Baylor

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Harris is the final piece to our 2015 puzzle, IMO. I think he can come in and contribute right away. Especially if Yeldon leaves.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

He tweeted Barnett is sending him pictures of the room.. And he says "too ready to get there", sounds like a winner to me!

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

He tweeted Barnett is sending him pictures of the room.. And he says "too ready to get there", sounds like a winner to me!
No offense, but that was Bama S commit Deionte Thompson who tweeted that to Barnett, but I do like our chances with Harris

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I have a question. With what we have so far: Henry, Drake, Scarbough, Tenpenny, Jones, Flowers, Why would you say he's the final piece? I'm just curious because it seems to me that with loaded back field, it seems to me that harris and Flower could red-shirted or just play on special teams?
Harris is the final piece to our 2015 puzzle, IMO. I think he can come in and contribute right away. Especially if Yeldon leaves.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I have a question. With what we have so far: Henry, Drake, Scarbough, Tenpenny, Jones, Flowers, Why would you say he's the final piece? I'm just curious because it seems to me that with loaded back field, it seems to me that harris and Flower could red-shirted or just play on special teams?
Some think that Harris is better than some of those you mention. He does have loads of talent.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

We seem to perpetually have people suggest Alabama has too much depth at RB, and when it's all said and done we see the team wearing thin at the position more often than not.

Drake is a massive question mark due to his injury, Henry is coming along nicely, but it still fair to wonder if he's best in every situation. Tenpenny has had his issues, and we haven't seen much from Jones. He was more pressed into service than anything else.

Consider this, Alabama looked loaded at RB, right? What happened, Drake goes down for the year, and TJ was hobbled. There is almost always room for a RB to come in and make a huge impact, like TJ did his freshman year.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Some think that Harris is better than some of those you mention. He does have loads of talent.
A couple of things worth adding. Good running backs seem to be on the 3 year plan with one of those years spent learning the offense, how to block, and ball security. Also, injuries seem to come up once or twice a year at this position. Harris could be good enough to jump the others in the rotation but would also be in position in another year to plug in the holes when others leave.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.