*** RB Damien Harris Commits to Alabama ***

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Re: RB Damien Harris Updates

A couple of things worth adding. Good running backs seem to be on the 3 year plan with one of those years spent learning the offense, how to block, and ball security. Also, injuries seem to come up once or twice a year at this position. Harris could be good enough to jump the others in the rotation but would also be in position in another year to plug in the holes when others leave.
I agree with this statement, we may have as many as three of the current backs gone after next year. I really hope he does come, would be another great asset to the team.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian

Attrition at RB has been hard the last few years. Any more, it doesn't bother me a bit to load up on them. Another poster said it: a couple of injuries back there and we could get thin in a hurry.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

We seem to perpetually have people suggest Alabama has too much depth at RB, and when it's all said and done we see the team wearing thin at the position more often than not.

Drake is a massive question mark due to his injury, Henry is coming along nicely, but it still fair to wonder if he's best in every situation. Tenpenny has had his issues, and we haven't seen much from Jones. He was more pressed into service than anything else.

Consider this, Alabama looked loaded at RB, right? What happened, Drake goes down for the year, and TJ was hobbled. There is almost always room for a RB to come in and make a huge impact, like TJ did his freshman year.
Ahmen. Let's ban "we're loaded at running back" from Tidefans. :cool:

C'mon Damien . . . Roll with the Tide!

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

The biggest thing to help us with rb recruiting is Eddie lacy. Everyone is seeing how he is preforming in the nfl after "waiting " his turn

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

I have a question. With what we have so far: Henry, Drake, Scarbough, Tenpenny, Jones, Flowers, Why would you say he's the final piece? I'm just curious because it seems to me that with loaded back field, it seems to me that harris and Flower could red-shirted or just play on special teams?

The final piece to our recruiting class. I agree that we have plenty of RB's who are good. But each class, you want to find some studs at each position. I'm not saying that Flowers is not good, but most agree that Harris is a generous step above. Again, my comment had nothing to do with our current RB depth. I think we have great talent at about every other position in the 2015 recruiting class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The final piece to our recruiting class. I agree that we have plenty of RB's who are good. But each class, you want to find some studs at each position. I'm not saying that Flowers is not good, but most agree that Harris is a generous step above. Again, my comment had nothing to do with our current RB depth. I think we have great talent at about every other position in the 2015 recruiting class.
I read today Flowers will be used at H-Back, so we might not even really be able to put him in the RB group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Re: RB Damien Harris Updates (Announcing Friday, January 9th)

This is a great place to land for a running back. History has shown you will get your touches regardless of your age as long as you do what is necessary. He could legitimately be second back next year with a solid fall practice.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Things generally look pretty good with Harris, from what I can gather, but I do think some 'Bama people are a bit hesitant to get their hopes up given what happened with Elam a year ago. I don't think that's entirely rational, though, and Kentucky's recruiting situation is a decent bit different now than it was a year ago, after a second-half flop for Stoops in year two and the departure of Neal Brown.

If I had to wager, I would say that Alabama is the most probable destination now, 24 hours out. I wouldn't be shocked if he picks Kentucky, but I would be a tad bit surprised, and have a hard time convincing myself that it will happen. A third team could come into play, but it looks likely unlikely for the time being, and for several weeks now, really, signs have generally pointed to an Alabama v. Kentucky battle.

Do note, though, that the staff has made alternate arrangements here, so they don't view Harris' possible signing as set in stone by any stretch. We currently have Johnny Frasier scheduled for an OV on the 16th through the 18th, and we will make a hard push for him if Harris goes elsewhere. Space is tight, but the staff is trying to add another RB to the class.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Things generally look pretty good with Harris, from what I can gather, but I do think some 'Bama people are a bit hesitant to get their hopes up given what happened with Elam a year ago. I don't think that's entirely rational, though, and Kentucky's recruiting situation is a decent bit different now than it was a year ago, after a second-half flop for Stoops in year two and the departure of Neal Brown.

If I had to wager, I would say that Alabama is the most probable destination now, 24 hours out. I wouldn't be shocked if he picks Kentucky, but I would be a tad bit surprised, and have a hard time convincing myself that it will happen. A third team could come into play, but it looks likely unlikely for the time being, and for several weeks now, really, signs have generally pointed to an Alabama v. Kentucky battle.
If Harris come to Bama would he redshirt his first year? Considering we have Henry, Drake, Bo, TJones + the other RBs we have on scholarship it seems like it would be hard for him to see the field much his first year. (Barring an insane amount of injuries)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Hmm, not necessary... We still have some transfer ( and there is a potential it may happen with Tenpenny or Jones)
With Bo being groomed to be next Fowler... and theres some talk he'll be tried there.. HE will be doing some of RB, HB, FB, WR... so in theory, We could see Tenpenny leaving.... so this leaves and this is in order... Henry-Drake/Jones- Harris-Scarbough. Drake and Scarbough will be all over the field and could be on the field at the same time. This is nightmare for Defense. I don't think we'll see Harris Redshirtting.

If Harris come to Bama would he redshirt his first year? Considering we have Henry, Drake, Bo, TJones + the other RBs we have on scholarship it seems like it would be hard for him to see the field much his first year. (Barring an insane amount of injuries)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I'm going to be honest .. I'm glad we didn't get Elam... He has shined in spots this year with Kentucky, but he also struggled as well... He really need to get his weight under control to play faster.. and I don't think he can do that at Kentucky. I don't think he will pan out at Kentucky.. unless he lose weight.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't think he will. With his performance this year, He made a strong case of getting more playing time. Tenpenny didn't. Any time we have players who's been in doghouse several time, they ends up transferring... But then again, we have Drake who grew up a lot and hasn't been in doghouse this year. The only way we'll see harris redshirt if none of the RBs didn't transfer... We will know how good Harris is when he enrolls this summer.
I hope T Jones doesn't transfer. That cat looks like he could be a very, very good running back.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I'm going to be honest .. I'm glad we didn't get Elam... He has shined in spots this year with Kentucky, but he also struggled as well... He really need to get his weight under control to play faster.. and I don't think he can do that at Kentucky. I don't think he will pan out at Kentucky.. unless he lose weight.
He might have the ability to shine if he was surrounded with at least equal talent. He's not pushed there at Kentucky. Overweight and lazy he's still good enough to start, which would not be the case here. Still my side is just speculation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.