*** RB Damien Harris Commits to Alabama ***

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Re: RB Damien Harris Updates (Announcing Friday, January 9th)

He might have the ability to shine if he was surrounded with at least equal talent. He's not pushed there at Kentucky. Overweight and lazy he's still good enough to start, which would not be the case here. Still my side is just speculation.
I understand your point but in the UA game he looked to have quick feet and good vision. Those games are known for being pass happy and for someone to look that good in one of those games is impressive. In that game he faced defensive talent he has never seen and performed very well. I think he is a winner. I would be very glad if he chose to roll with us. Is it Friday yet?

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

I think he was talking about Elam....
Thanks for the correction. I was too lazy to follow the thread. I agree on Elam completely. Now that you have said this his statement makes much more sense :)

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Do most of you guys feel we actually land his autograph?

And I'm still a huge Tenpenny fan, I think we'll see him next year.. I really hope so, he played well in special teams in the sugar bowl, so hopefully he can buckle down, and be the player we all hope and know he can be.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

You can get the live stream link from twitter. This says 1:15 EST

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

I'm going to be honest .. I'm glad we didn't get Elam... He has shined in spots this year with Kentucky, but he also struggled as well... He really need to get his weight under control to play faster.. and I don't think he can do that at Kentucky. I don't think he will pan out at Kentucky.. unless he lose weight.
I can't cosign that. I would like to have got him. Have to remember how young he is. Even if he went all out he would not have gotten much playing time here but next year and the year after he will probably blossom into a beast.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Bama is trending up with Harris from the things I've seen on Twitter and other sites over the last week. However, I've also seen some think this plays out like Elam - he knows he's going to Kentucky but starts "liking" Bama in order to get attention and make Kentucky look good. We'll see.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Bama is trending up with Harris from the things I've seen on Twitter and other sites over the last week. However, I've also seen some think this plays out like Elam - he knows he's going to Kentucky but starts "liking" Bama in order to get attention and make Kentucky look good. We'll see.
This is very possible. Most of these kids love attention so it makes perfect sense to create a situation of the unknown so people will follow the announcement with anticipation only to go with who everyone thought you'd go with in the first place. I'm not getting excited until Bama comes out of his mouth as his commitment then his names on the dotted line.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

He would probably be redshirted this year, and it would be most likely two years before he get playing time.. given the depth we have on DL... He's raw.. but has lot of talent. He had a decent season.. and It's on him to have great season next year by hitting weight room in the offseason.

I can't cosign that. I would like to have got him. Have to remember how young he is. Even if he went all out he would not have gotten much playing time here but next year and the year after he will probably blossom into a beast.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

BamaBuzzard, You are Right! If Harris pulled Elam move again, this makes Kentucky look bad instead good.. doing it twice.

This is very possible. Most of these kids love attention so it makes perfect sense to create a situation of the unknown so people will follow the announcement with anticipation only to go with who everyone thought you'd go with in the first place. I'm not getting excited until Bama comes out of his mouth as his commitment then his names on the dotted line.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

and, I have been so skeptical on him because he was known to be "trolling" early on....

but, 99% confidence he is ours......this was discussed in another thread, but without the All-Star game, he probably would stay in Kentucky. The Bama brethren pulled this one off.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

He would probably be redshirted this year, and it would be most likely two years before he get playing time.. given the depth we have on DL... He's raw.. but has lot of talent. He had a decent season.. and It's on him to have great season next year by hitting weight room in the offseason.
DL?

EDIT: Oh, wait. Never mind. You're talking about Elam.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA

and, I have been so skeptical on him because he was known to be "trolling" early on....

but, 99% confidence he is ours......this was discussed in another thread, but without the All-Star game, he probably would stay in Kentucky. The Bama brethren pulled this one off.
Got to think Yeldon announcing an hour before doesn't hurt either.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Got to think Yeldon announcing an hour before doesn't hurt either.
As much as we will miss a healthy Yeldon, it was best for him and the current roster for him to move on. Only so many reps to go around and some don't like to wait....

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

TJ was gone.... no matter what his draft were.. unless it was 4th round and later...
As much as we will miss a healthy Yeldon, it was best for him and the current roster for him to move on. Only so many reps to go around and some don't like to wait....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.