*** RB Damien Harris Commits to Alabama ***

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
Re: RB Damien Harris commits to

Good pick up. I wasn't surprised. I knew that there might be a chance that Harris might fall to "hometown" rationale. My college buddy,who happens to be married to one of Madison Southern's guidance counselors, said he thought Harris was Bama bound. I agree with a previous poster that a lot of UK's momentum was stymied by the way they finished out the season. UK fans were actually giving me flak. I know when Elam committed last year you would have thought they had punched their ticket to Atlanta. I guess I would have probably been excited, too, if I had been in their shoes. With that said, a lot of the UK fans I talked to seemed to have the consensus that if Harris passed on the opportunity to go to Bama he was crazy. I am glad that the young man made the best choice for his future. Roll Tide.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

I know I'm putting the cart before the horse here, but I'm so excited about this I just have to say it: it was so fun watching the best WR in college football play for us this year. If this class finishes out like it's looking, we could very well see the best at several positions all in Crimson in a couple of years. The future is so bright!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I've heard a lot of comparisons, but the way he runs like a Blue Crab(you never know where he's going),
he reminds me of a developing Barry Sanders.
Glad to get him. Coach sells another Mom that he'll do what's best for her son. Incredible recruiter.
sip

hacksaw830

2nd Team
Jan 20, 2007

I was just about to ask what type of running style does he have? who does he run like? I miss the ground and pounders like Lacey, Ingram, Coffee, The old Trent Richardson.

I've heard a lot of comparisons, but the way he runs like a Blue Crab(you never know where he's going),
he reminds me of a developing Barry Sanders.
Glad to get him. Coach sells another Mom that he'll do what's best for her son. Incredible recruiter.
sip

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I was just about to ask what type of running style does he have? who does he run like? I miss the ground and pounders like Lacey, Ingram, Coffee, The old Trent Richardson.
He is built more like Mark than anyone else, but has unbelievable speed. He cuts at full speed and has unreal vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM1Uk3DZ6Q

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

I seem to remember a former RB from Ky with the number 37. If he is ever as good as that one (Alexander)
then I will be verrrrry happy not that I'm not happy already. Welcome Damien and Roll Tide Roll.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

It is always nice to keep adding great players to the team. I love having two or three very good running backs to rotate and pound teams into submission.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

He is built more like Mark than anyone else, but has unbelievable speed. He cuts at full speed and has unreal vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM1Uk3DZ6Q
That is really worth watching, thanks for the link. Now, you can't take too much from high school games, but he basically scores a TD with every touch, from anywhere on the field. He has so much speed he visibly eases up when he gets about 5 yards cushion on defensive backs, and he is still pulling away. He always seems to find the right hole, quite often bouncing inside into traffic because he sees he has momentum or angle on a defender.

I have high hopes that the next Chubb or Fournette just committed to Alabama.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.