Michigan reaches out to LSU's Les Miles

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's the one job he can take where no one will question him about his motives.....
LSU has been on the decline since 2011 -- and it appears to be getting progressively worse each year......
I'm actually impressed he was able to keep the train rolling for so long after Coach Saban left....

If I was Les -- I'd be jumping on the next plane to Ann Arbor --

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
I seem to recall him saying that Michigan is his dream job, so for that reason I hope he gets it. But Miles is such a character I'd miss having him in the SEC.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Major rebuilding job up there. He will have to learn to recruit a quarterback if he is going to be successful. I doubt chavis goes with him up there. Look for him to land another SEC DC job quickly.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's the one job he can take where no one will question him about his motives.....
LSU has been on the decline since 2011 -- and it appears to be getting progressively worse each year......
I'm actually impressed he was able to keep the train rolling for so long after Coach Saban left....

If I was Les -- I'd be jumping on the next plane to Ann Arbor --
If I were Les, I'd be jumping also. Saban ran off Meyer, a far better coach than Les. At UM, if Les can give them 10 game seasons and consideration for the playoffs, they'll be happy. And he won't have to look across the field and see Saban any more. Ironically, Urban thought he was successfully escaping that... :D

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We need another great head coach in the B1G, so I would love it if he chooses Michigan. I don't want to deal with another strong Michigan team, but a weak conference almost cost us a shot at the playoff this year so we need something like this.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Who would coach LSU if Les Miles left? LSU is one of the elite programs around the country. Great atmosphere, great stadium, rabid fan base.

Surely one of the big name coaches around the nation would be knocking on their door if Les left?

Also, could you imagine Art Briles coaching LSU? Baton Rouge is just a stones throw from Texas. He could monopolize Texas and Louisiana talent. Briles has went on record saying he wouldn't leave Texas, but Ive always said that LSU could be an exception due to proximity.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not sure Les can turn a program around and rebuild it - nothing in his coaching history makes me think he can do that. He was 'meh' at OSU and kinda maintained LSU post-Saban. And I don't want him leaving the SEC. But I hope that whatever he decides makes him happy.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Doubt he goes IMO. Michigan is a 4-5 year turnaround project ... if they still were stocked with decent talent like when Urban took over at OSU it may be a different story. BUT then again ... it is Les we're talking about. :)

They do need a home run hire like a Les Miles-type to turn it around though cause right now they are taking a back-seat to both OSU and MSU ... and living a few years in Michigan I already know that fans are NOT happy about that.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Not sure Les can turn a program around and rebuild it - nothing in his coaching history makes me think he can do that. He was 'meh' at OSU and kinda maintained LSU post-Saban. And I don't want him leaving the SEC. But I hope that whatever he decides makes him happy.
^^^^^This.
I feel that Les should stay at LSU as long as they will keep him. The money's good, the weather won't leave you frostbit, the State's talent is great, and I just feel it's much more enjoyably competitive in the SEC as opposed to the B1G. But that's my opinion, And again, whatever makes him happy.

Roll Tide!

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Les not going anywhere LSU is home to his family now, especially Michigan.

Michigan is way to big a mess like we were with a lot of the same issues.

its way to lte to pull a coach like Miles & I don't think they would pay the 6 to 7 mil. Year to get them.
Rich Rod was not a bad coach but not a Michigan Man where have I heard something like that before.

The ONLY answer that will work is for the PTB do what Coach Moore did, set your sights on a guy & don't give up! Pay whatever & they must have control, complete & total.

From Dr Whitt "Coach Saban is the single best Investment this university has ever made"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.