Michigan reaches out to LSU's Les Miles

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Yep until they get a big name they will never win another Big 10 title.
I agree ... they are in a BAD spot too with being sandwiched between MSU and OSU territory-wise. Unless they get that name that folks just want to play for ... it wont happen. Not sure if still if they have a shot with Jim Harbaugh either ... rumors are he may be headed to the Raiders so we will see. But back to Michigan, this is the year they have to get THAT coach ... if not, they can find themselves going as far as 10-plus years without any type of real relevance ... they last time they arguably were relevant was 2007, the same year they lost to Appalachian State.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree Ville. Don't think they can buy that name right now either. Harbaugh is nothing but a pipe dream to them, he likes the NFL life too much and I truly think he rates recruiting even though he was fairly good at it.

I think he could make a bigger impact as a college coach more so than a NFL coach but he has his preferences like say Coach Saban does.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't think Briles ever leaves Texas, much less Baylor. LSU could throw a lot of money out there to possibly change his mind, but I seriously doubt it.

Yep until they get a big name they will never win another Big 10 title.

I agree. I know quite a few LSU fans and they are sick of him now. They wouldn't have any trouble finding a coach, but I just don't think there are any big names out there that would leave their current job for that one though. Not a big enough name to make them happy.
Lsu fans will quickly wish for miles back if it happens. They are in a bad situation with the current team and their future and I don't think anyone can keep them at a 8 plus wins record other than les. There aren't a lot of hot coaching hires out there at this point of the season. Les inherited a strong recruiting and talent base when he took over and he has had them at a high level for most of his tenure. Lsu would be in danger of going back to the dinardo days if they don't get a good hire if les does go.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Historically Michigan recruited heavily in the state of Ohio, Miles is originally from Ohio. In those years Schembechler would go head to head with Hayes for the best players in Ohio. Now both programs recruit more nationally especially for the skilled players, but the state of Ohio still turns out a lot of FBS talent which Miles could take advantage of if he were to go to Michigan. Still I think he stays at LSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.