Question - Tide Pride Sugar Bowl/National Championship game tickets

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
I couldn't remember when the Tide Pride ticket office was going to email the TP season ticket holders that requested Sugar Bowl/National Championship tickets. The deadline was just this past Monday, so we will know by end of this week perhaps? I wonder how it works with letting people know in regard to National Championship game tickets as that game will be almost two weeks after the Sugar Bowl.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Still waiting on Sugar Bowl email. National Championship tickets won't be confirmed until after results of January 1 are known. But interestingly, everyone will have a better chance of getting tickets to Dallas than to New Orleans - I read that participating schools get nearly 20,000 tickets to the final game but only 12,500 to the semi-finals. Smaller schools apparently complained in the past about getting stuck with a bill for unsold bowl tickets, so they reduced the number for the semis. [emoji35]

BocaLance

All-American
Oct 18, 2001
Douglasville (Atlanta), GA
[SUB][/SUB]
Still waiting on Sugar Bowl email. National Championship tickets won't be confirmed until after results of January 1 are known. But interestingly, everyone will have a better chance of getting tickets to Dallas than to New Orleans - I read that participating schools get nearly 20,000 tickets to the final game but only 12,500 to the semi-finals. Smaller schools apparently complained in the past about getting stuck with a bill for unsold bowl tickets, so they reduced the number for the semis. [emoji35]
Wow! AT&T Stadium holds over 100k, so more than 60,000 seats at the game will go to non-season ticket holders? I somehow slipped in when we went to Pasadena a few years ago (figuring larger stadium, bigger tix distribution.) if only 20k are getting tickets, it sounds like a no-go fo-sho.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
[SUB][/SUB]

Wow! AT&T Stadium holds over 100k, so more than 60,000 seats at the game will go to non-season ticket holders? I somehow slipped in when we went to Pasadena a few years ago (figuring larger stadium, bigger tix distribution.) if only 20k are getting tickets, it sounds like a no-go fo-sho.
Capacity for the game will be right at 92,000 not counting the standing room party passes which will raise it to about 95,000. The 2 teams get 24,000 seats each. 3500 tickets are allotted to teax tix and the CFP raffle. Another 5,000 are allocated through the VIP packages available through the CFP website. The other 39,500 go to sponsors and PSL holders at Cowboys Stadium. Apparently the PSL holders are getting screwed in most cases. Only Suite holders and those in the lower level between the 30's are getting to buy tickets and they will be moved from their lower level seats to the upper deck. I know several PSL holders with seats on the 40yrd line in the middle level who have attorneys looking at the contract they signed.

While I'm glad the game is in DFW, Jerry is screwing over his own fans and I suspect just like the Super Bowl and Final Four, it will be years before the CFP final returns as it seems Jerry keeps screwing up with his greed. It will really be a cluster if the Cowboys play a home playoff game January 11th. (I know that is like saying AU can win a national title without cheating but, Imagine if the BAMA RV Army can't access the parking lot until late Sunday night...)

bamaltc

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2010
Florence, AL
4500 less tickets allotted than normal. This is really sad that new playoff system is making it harder for the regular fans to get tickets at face value. Pretty pitiful.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
4500 less tickets allotted than normal. This is really sad that new playoff system is making it harder for the regular fans to get tickets at face value. Pretty pitiful.
This is a terrible trend. College football games need lots of enthusiastic FANS.....not just sponsors.

shaggy

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 21, 2001
Hoover
I've been in Tide Pride for over 13 years straight and have no where near enough TP points (594 needed for Sugar Bowl). Of course, the big money folks get up to 8 tickets each so there isn't anything left over for the average joe. Getting to where they are taking the average joe out of the picture. Not just Bama but every school. I wonder if that is the smartest thing to do. Yes, they need money but we are some of the best fans.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.