Buckeye Fan Here

GoBuckeyes

Dec 9, 2014
Greetings from Ohio! I just wanted to check out what some of you Bama fans are saying about the Sugar Bowl. Obviously, as a Ohio State fan, I am beyond excited to make the first ever playoff and face off against the king of college football of the past 5 years. I invite you guys to check out Ohio State's premier site, Elevenwarriors.com. It is a free site with in depth analysis, news, and an interactive forum. The site focuses mostly on Buckeye football but digs into basketball and other college teams as well. I look forward to chatting with some of you guys about the upcoming game. Go Bucks!

GoBuckeyes

Dec 9, 2014
Haha, I can only imagine how many times the Urban to the hospital story is brought up. Whatever the over/under is, I'm riding with the over. In all seriousness though, I'm very excited to chat with some of ya'll. Two traditional powerhouses with probably the largest and most passionate fan bases. I know both of our fans get a lot of .... from the media, Clay Travis, etc, but there are some of us that are reasonable and respectful!

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
The site he mentioned is great site.....especially well done with great video analysis and in-depth schematic discussions.....if you're into the X's and O's on both sides of the ball, those guys are very, very good

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
No more Smack. Check the policy. Blue font doesn't give you the right to break policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
You obviously haven't been here long. If that riles you up, It's going to get a lot worse the closer the game gets. And not from me.

Also, blue font is sarcasm. So ya. Pretty classy imo.
I must have missed the blue font on the followup post regarding New Orleans doctors......I can only go by what the mods tell me.....no smack. While I prefer civil adult discussion, if that's how you want to roll, have at it.....at least now I knoiw the ground rules, no prob......fire away

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Welcome. Also keep in mind our (Alabama's) history as an opponent with Meyer goes back a little further than Ohio States does. Anyways no matter what anyone believes that butt whooping really got in his head in 2009. Good luck.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Welcome to the board. IMO this is the best sports board on the interwebs, but I am kinda biased.

Here's to a great game with no injuries and of course, a Bama victory. :)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I must have missed the blue font on the followup post regarding New Orleans doctors......I can only go by what the mods tell me.....no smack. While I prefer civil adult discussion, if that's how you want to roll, have at it.....at least now I knoiw the ground rules, no prob......fire away

Just so you know...This board is sarcastic a lot. I wouldn't call it smack, so I wouldn't take things so seriously.

It is a great board and a lot "cleaner" than other sites.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Aright lets get to it, Buckeyes. What are your concerns going in to the game and where do you think OSU will be successful on offense against this magnificent defense? Ohio State hasn't played a defense like this yet, so your QB is going to need to be on point, and then some, all game long.

As from our perspective I just don't see us doing a whole lot of different things. The pass has been setting up the run all year very nicely. Amari demands double coverage and when Amari is covered lookout for a crossing OJ Howard, or D White on the opposite side of the field from Amari. But you can't just drop five into coverage the entire game because our line can open holes that need to be filled by some of those bodies that would be in coverage.

Last edited:

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Welcome. Also keep in mind our (Alabama's) history as an opponent with Meyer goes back a little further than Ohio States does. Anyways no matter what anyone believes that butt whooping really got in his head in 2009. Good luck.
That is true Bama, as does ours with Saban....we've known Nick for a long time, we consider Nick as one of our own. Having gone to school, played and coached both college (assisted at Ohio State for one) and NFL in Ohio and against him at MSU, we have nothing but the utmost respect for Nick and his football/coaching roots......

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
That is true Bama, as does ours with Saban....we've known Nick for a long time, we consider Nick as one of our own. Having gone to school, played and coached both college (assisted at Ohio State for one) and NFL in Ohio and against him at MSU, we have nothing but the utmost respect for Nick and his football/coaching roots......
Yeah I've been on y'all's boards and seen that. Just kinda silly some try to factor in his body of work in the pros. No comparison to college at all.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
Greetings from Ohio! I just wanted to check out what some of you Bama fans are saying about the Sugar Bowl. Obviously, as a Ohio State fan, I am beyond excited to make the first ever playoff and face off against the king of college football of the past 90 years. I invite you guys to check out Ohio State's premier site, Elevenwarriors.com. It is a free site with in depth analysis, news, and an interactive forum. The site focuses mostly on Buckeye football but digs into basketball and other college teams as well. I look forward to chatting with some of you guys about the upcoming game. Go Bucks!
FIFY.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Enough about the board rules, don't we have a game to discuss? I'm biased but IMO it will be exactly like Bama-Notre Dame. "Holy crap these guys are bigger and faster than we are!" Only a dozen deep jump balls going OSU's way makes it close, and that's not their forte.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of anyone on the board who refers to Coach Saban as Nick. We usually say CNS. But hey, Urban is fair game!

Welcome to the board. Good luck in the game.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
stay classy....and they told me this wasn't a smack board.
Welcome aboard, Tbux!!! Glad to have good fans of other schools come here. As long as you're not ridiculous (LSU fans aren't welcome here while Auburn fans can be -- that's a testament to their own fanbases and their activities here -- not because we don't like or respect their teams), I don't think anyone minds some good-natured smack. In my mind, Ohio State is one of the blue bloods of college football and your team's history is worthy of admiration but not many here (or the whole SEC) like or even respect Urban Meyer. Hopefully, he's changed his ways. I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Stay a bit, talk football and I think you'll find everyone here is very knowledgeable and friendly. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and you'll do fine here. Go Buckeyes and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.