Buckeye Fan Here

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
One thing to consider when analyzing stats from OSU and Bama-

Strength of schedule http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Alabama- 5th
OSU- 38th

Also, Alabama played 6 of the top 10 teams in strength of schedule.
OSU played Minnesota with a 22nd ranking in SOS, the only team they faced in the top 25 in SOS rankings.

May not mean anything on game day, because anything can happen in a big game like this.
But you have to wonder what Alabama's offensive and defensive stats would be if they played OSU's schedule, and what OSU's would look like if they played Alabama's schedule.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I think we should win, but the game is played on the field and not paper. I think it will be interesting psychologically on both sides in a playoff situation rather than Bowl Game situation .

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
One thing to consider when analyzing stats from OSU and Bama-

Strength of schedule http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team

Alabama- 5th
OSU- 38th

Also, Alabama played 6 of the top 10 teams in strength of schedule.
OSU played Minnesota with a 22nd ranking in SOS, the only team they faced in the top 25 in SOS rankings.

May not mean anything on game day, because anything can happen in a big game like this.
But you have to wonder what Alabama's offensive and defensive stats would be if they played OSU's schedule, and what OSU's would look like if they played Alabama's schedule.
Did you forget Michigan State?

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Some good points I've seen brought up. Nobody in the country can match Auburn's heart and desire to beat Alabama (not saying OSU won't be up), the Iron Bowl might as well be the Super Bowl for them. Despite them scoring 44 points on Alabama 15 came off FG's and they scored just as many offensive TD's this year as they did last year including a 2PC to make it 29. As far as SOS goes Alabama came out on top of a division of which everyone is bowl eligible and without a doubt the toughest in the history of college football. Ohio State did not. I've also read dozens of post about how if you bracket Amari Cooper than you stop Alabama's offense. This couldn't be further from the truth. DeAndrew White would start for (also be the #1 WR) pretty much any team in the country. He can burn you just as bad as Cooper can. FYI before he tore his ACL in 2012 he was starting in front of Cooper. Then you have Yeldon and Henry, I don't have to explain what they can do. I've said this once and I'll say it again, I've seen a lot of Buckeye fans try and compare this game to the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, big mistake 2014 Alabama is not even close to being the same team as '02 Miami as far as coaching and team mentality. The only legitimate comparison would be the future 1st round draft picks Alabama is loaded with. Bottom line this should be a great game and I'm really excited. Good luck and RTR!!!

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Some good points I've seen brought up. Nobody in the country can match Auburn's heart and desire to beat Alabama (not saying OSU won't be up), the Iron Bowl might as well be the Super Bowl for them. Despite them scoring 44 points on Alabama 15 came off FG's and they scored just as many offensive TD's this year as they did last year including a 2PC to make it 29. As far as SOS goes Alabama came out on top of a division of which everyone is bowl eligible and without a doubt the toughest in the history of college football. Ohio State did not. I've also read dozens of post about how if you bracket Amari Cooper than you stop Alabama's offense. This couldn't be further from the truth. DeAndrew White would start for (also be the #1 WR) pretty much any team in the country. He can burn you just as bad as Cooper can. FYI before he tore his ACL in 2012 he was starting in front of Cooper. Then you have Yeldon and Henry, I don't have to explain what they can do. I've said this once and I'll say it again, I've seen a lot of Buckeye fans try and compare this game to the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, big mistake 2014 Alabama is not even close to being the same team as '02 Miami as far as coaching and team mentality. The only legitimate comparison would be the future 1st round draft picks Alabama is loaded with. Bottom line this should be a great game and I'm really excited. Good luck and RTR!!!
Yea, don't sleep on D. White , he's had some nagging injuries this season to keep his numbers down, but he should be healthy going into this game and is an experienced Sr. with some pretty good skills himself.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Welcome Buckeye fans, good to have you. A few of my good friends are Ohio State fans. I definitely look forward to discussing this great, upcoming game. It will be electric when kickoff finally arrives.

So much to discuss but I'll start with this: Taking away Cooper was a decent way to slow us down...back in October. Double or triple team him now and the chances you get burned for it go way up. Whether it opens lanes for our RBs or Blake or creates 1 on 1 with White, Jones, or Howard who is to say?

Blake Sims had come a long way. He's now a game changer and a really smart, efficient player.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
We have a resident Buckeye fan on the board, been around for awhile. I kinda wonder why he hasn't weighed in on this thread. Is the eleven warriors site civil? Most buckeye sites I have Been on seem to have a very prejudicial view of southerners. It shows in their posts.
The big kid scares me, seems to be a Dax Prescott type player. He came from a very good HS program. I haven't followed his progress, but any chance Braxton makes it back for the playoff game?

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
We have a resident Buckeye fan on the board, been around for awhile. I kinda wonder why he hasn't weighed in on this thread. Is the eleven warriors site civil? Most buckeye sites I have Been on seem to have a very prejudicial view of southerners. It shows in their posts.
The big kid scares me, seems to be a Dax Prescott type player. He came from a very good HS program. I haven't followed his progress, but any chance Braxton makes it back for the playoff game?
Welcome to Tidefans, Buckeye fans! We're different at least on the Sports side of forums. Nonsports is a different story.

VincentVega

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 22, 2014
The Lake
Greetings from Ohio! I just wanted to check out what some of you Bama fans are saying about the Sugar Bowl. Obviously, as a Ohio State fan, I am beyond excited to make the first ever playoff and face off against the king of college football of the past 5 years. I invite you guys to check out Ohio State's premier site, Elevenwarriors.com. It is a free site with in depth analysis, news, and an interactive forum. The site focuses mostly on Buckeye football but digs into basketball and other college teams as well. I look forward to chatting with some of you guys about the upcoming game. Go Bucks!
Hey welcome to the site!! I can appreciate your bravery for coming on here because the Buckeye fans the I personally know around here are eerily silent. Not sure what that's all about, maybe yelling "We want Bama!!!" too loud and someone was actually listening.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I love all the talk about stopping Amari Cooper. The way Kiffin moves him around in the formations, it is extremely difficult to do that. Heck, he is even lining up in the backfield some. I think this will be a really good game and I am looking forward to it. Welcome to the board and Roll Tide.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
No, zero chance Brax makes it back for the game.....uncertain if he'll even begin throwing anything other than nerf balls before spring practice. Tough injury, alot of rehab.

We will have one of WR/H-Backs available for the game for the first time in a month. He's one of our playmakers and you can't have too many and we've missed him. Dontre Wilson - little guy but with great speed and quickness. Will line up in the slot, out wide, in the backfield with Elliot and run a little wildcat. Good to have him back and threaten the edges....

I'm anxious to see the package that Urban/Herman develop for him in this game......without Miller's and to a lesser extent Barret's lateral quickness, mobility and explosiveness he is nowhere near the threat running the read-option. That said, he is a big kid and a much better thrower than Tebow and he had some success running an Urban offense.....interesting to see. The kid has a big arm and we will take shots downfield with plenty of kids that can go get it.....it seemed as if every 50/50 ball that the Mizzou kid Mauk throw up for grabs, one of the Mizzou kids came down with it....what's up with that?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
No, zero chance Brax makes it back for the game.....uncertain if he'll even begin throwing anything other than nerf balls before spring practice. Tough injury, alot of rehab.

We will have one of WR/H-Backs available for the game for the first time in a month. He's one of our playmakers and you can't have too many and we've missed him. Dontre Wilson - little guy but with great speed and quickness. Will line up in the slot, out wide, in the backfield with Elliot and run a little wildcat. Good to have him back and threaten the edges....

I'm anxious to see the package that Urban/Herman develop for him in this game......without Miller's and to a lesser extent Barret's lateral quickness, mobility and explosiveness he is nowhere near the threat running the read-option. That said, he is a big kid and a much better thrower than Tebow and he had some success running an Urban offense.....interesting to see. The kid has a big arm and we will take shots downfield with plenty of kids that can go get it.....it seemed as if every 50/50 ball that the Mizzou kid Mauk throw up for grabs, one of the Mizzou kids came down with it....what's up with that?
MM was on the run and buying time, hard to cover good wr's for that long. Some of them were somewhat contested, some weren't. Not sure if your QB can scramble like MM (or NM); if he can't, I'm not sure those throws will amount to much because as strong as he is, I don't think even Superman can throw when's he's horizontal on the ground. If Jones can't get away from pressure, that's where he'll be.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
MM was on the run and buying time, hard to cover good wr's for that long. Some of them were somewhat contested, some weren't. Not sure if your QB can scramble like MM (or NM); if he can't, I'm not sure those throws will amount to much because as strong as he is, I don't think even Superman can throw when's he's horizontal on the ground. If Jones can't get away from pressure, that's where he'll be.
I think Cardale Jones is like 6'14" and over 500 pounds. He's probably really hard to bring down. He may be a Rothlisburger type qb.

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Scramble, who knows? As yet untested.....not nifty, or quick by any means but big, strong and hard to get on the ground and throws well on the run and a flick of the wrist sends it a long way. He'll throw it downfield for sure and the ball skills of your DB's will be tested again by a group of DB's that I would bet compare quite favorably to Mizzou's. If your kids don't do a better job than they did in the SEC championship game there will be some big plays downfield.....that said, I suspect CNS and his staff know that as well and are working hard to correct the problem

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Scramble, who knows? As yet untested.....not nifty, or quick by any means but big, strong and hard to get on the ground and throws well on the run and a flick of the wrist sends it a long way. He'll throw it downfield for sure and the ball skills of your DB's will be tested again by a group of DB's that I would bet compare quite favorably to Mizzou's. If your kids don't do a better job than they did in the SEC championship game there will be some big plays downfield.....that said, I suspect CNS and his staff know that as well and are working hard to correct the problem
Did you mean to say by a group of WR's?

Tbux

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2014
Did you mean to say by a group of WR's?
Good catch....my bad. We'll play 6 with a variety of skill sets....a good mix of experience, speed, hops, toughness and flash.

The best two, Devin Smith, a Sr with excellent speed, a great vertical and ball skills just passed Cris Carter for #2 all time TD catches as a Buckeye https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93MuHioEsvY and Mike Thomas, a sophomore is still learning but is a big, physical target 6'3" can go up and get it and comes from good bloodlines - Keyshan Johnson's nephew.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...es-td-catch-over-defender-in-back-of-end-zone

Hope you don't mind me posting these videos, thought it might be helpful to provide some examples for the commentary....still a work in process, but this group has come along way from the group that Urban characterized as a "clown show" at the beginning of camp last year.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.