Championship Game Ticket Prices

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Interesting thread. There is no benchmark for NCAA playoff tickets. In New Orleans vs. LSU the cheapest was about $2000, but of course that was with in-state fans all around. If I were receiving the proceeds I too would price these around $500. They will sell.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
By the way the email notifying people about Sugar Bowl tickets said that the ticket office will calculate the cutoff for national championship game tickets "in the next week" and will send notice on that. So we will know who's eligible to get the tickets to Dallas before we even know whether Bama's in the game.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Make no mistake, this playoff is all about the money. $450 per ticket is approaching Super Bowl level prices!
I'm curious how may will go broke from attending round 1 to the championship game. Tickets, airfare, hotel, you could take a cruise for that price. It's really gotten out of hand and the greedy get even greedier.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Tide Pride communication is awful. If there is any special event (like bowl game or kickoff classic type game, their whole system must be like printing out requests and laying them all on the floor trying to figure out who gets what). The management in that office is lacking and probably stuck in the mindset..."this is how we've always done things". Battle needs to address that situation.
Disagree. My communication with Tide Pride staff has always been courteous and timely. I don't know anything about how they do what they do, but my experience has always been positive.

playball31580

Suspended
Aug 19, 2005
Wish I went to Tuscaloosa for college
Is $450 the cheapest ticket (nosebleeds) for the title game?

If 594 points was the cut off for Sugar Bowl with 13k allottment, I can see the cutoff being 140 for the title game if it holds true that Bama's allotment is 24k. I only say 140 because I'm at 143 now :biggrin::biggrin:

Btw, does anyone remember what the cutoff was last year for Sugar Bowl matchup against Oklahoma? I ask because Tide Pride was able to fulfill my request which I was really surprised.

Last edited:

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Is $450 the cheapest ticket (nosebleeds) for the title game?

If 594 points was the cut off for Sugar Bowl with 13k allottment, I can see the cutoff being 140 for the title game if it holds true that Bama's allotment is 24k. I only say 140 because I'm at 143 now :biggrin::biggrin:

Btw, does anyone remember what the cutoff was last year for Sugar Bowl matchup against Oklahoma? I ask because Tide Pride was able to fulfill my request which I was really surprised.
I don't know what the cutoff was - but I got 2 & I only have 63 points, which means I had around 55 or 56 last year. Demand for the Sugar Bowl was not all that great last year.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Tide Pride communication is awful. If there is any special event (like bowl game or kickoff classic type game, their whole system must be like printing out requests and laying them all on the floor trying to figure out who gets what). The management in that office is lacking and probably stuck in the mindset..."this is how we've always done things". Battle needs to address that situation.
I have always had a very good experience with them and never had any issues. They email me so I can go online and take care of my ticket orders and they also send a hard copy via mail of the information. They are very clear about your point totals and they will let you know if you got the tickets or why you did not get them. I received an email today informing me that I did not get Sugar Bowl tickets since my point total was less than 594. Fortunately for me, I was able to buy two tickets back in the summer directly from Ticketmaster/Sugar Bowl site for face value ($175.00 each).

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I'll just put this article in this post instead of starting a new one, but, according to this article The Buckeye's fans are buying more Sugar Bowl Tickets than Bama Fans..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I'll just put this article in this post instead of starting a new one, but, according to this article The Buckeye's fans are buying more Sugar Bowl Tickets than Bama Fans..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
Not exactly sure I would trust the analysis of a aggregator of secondary market ticket sources. I have purchased quite a few tickets off Stub-Hub who I would be willing to bet is the largest secondary market around and I have never once been asked which team I am a fan of...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.