Map shows where CFP teams recruit from

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Pretty impressive for Oregon to travel that much. But you have to imagine the best athletes are further away from Oregon. They have to recruit away from their area to compete with the bigger schools.

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
Pretty impressive for Oregon to travel that much. But you have to imagine the best athletes are further away from Oregon. They have to recruit away from their area to compete with the bigger schools.
Except for a few locals in Oregon, their talent is coming from California or a LONG plane trip away. Has to be hard on the parents of those long distance players trying to make their son's games.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Thanks, that is pretty interesting. Alabama is a national brand so the fact we recruit more nationally if not surprising. I wonder what the boogs footprint would look like. I would guess theirs would be similar to FSU's along with alot coming from Georgia and Florida with a few sprinkled in from Alabama.

On the FSU footprint, it seems to be much smaller than ours. They get most of their players from Florida and then a few from the southeast in general. A strong UF recruiting presence will dilute their recruiting classes. I suspect with McIllwain there at UF, the recruiting landscape in Florida is about to change.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Thanks, that is pretty interesting. Alabama is a national brand so the fact we recruit more nationally if not surprising. I wonder what the boogs footprint would look like. I would guess theirs would be similar to FSU's along with alot coming from Georgia and Florida with a few sprinkled in from Alabama.

On the FSU footprint, it seems to be much smaller than ours. They get most of their players from Florida and then a few from the southeast in general. A strong UF recruiting presence will dilute their recruiting classes. I suspect with McIllwain there at UF, the recruiting landscape in Florida is about to change.
Florida has had some solid classes under muschamp, if I remember correctly. There is a ton of talent there, so I imagine FSU will continue to get more than their share, especially since guys know Jimbo will let them get away with anything. Of course, I think the outlaw, thug mentality will eventually catch up to them.

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery

I may have to create a map for the Boogs. Im intrigued now

G8RNGA

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2014
I'm not too surprised by tOSU and the reach into Florida. Even before Urban they were recruiting there, but now that he's coaching tOSU they are there nearly as much it seems as the in-state schools.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.