JT Barrett, Ex-GF allege abuse

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/ohio-state-qb-barrett-ex-girlfriend-allege-abuse

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Injured Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett and his ex-girlfriend made 911 calls on Tuesday morning alleging each attacked the other.A police report says Barrett and Alexandria Barrett-Clark were referred to prosecutors. Police say there were no obvious signs of injury and both declined to file charges.
The report quotes Barrett saying Barrett-Clark refused to leave his off-campus apartment in Columbus, Ohio, and struck him. It quotes Barrett-Clark saying he choked her and threw her across the room. On the 911 tape, she tells the dispatcher she's pregnant.
"(There is) no investigation. Both parties have the ability to file a charge against one another if they choose to at a later time through the prosecutor's office," Columbus Police spokesman Sgt. Rich Weiner said in a text message to The Associated Press. "Both parties stated they did not want to file charges at the scene."
Ohio State football team spokesman Jerry Emig said Wednesday he didn't anticipate coach Urban Meyer commenting on the situation.
"We are aware there was an issue and we are gathering more information," Emig said in an email.
Barrett set Ohio State records for touchdown passes and total offense before breaking his ankle in the Buckeyes' regular-season finale against Michigan. He is out for the Jan. 1 national semifinal against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
This is way to common in the sport we know and love, or maybe it is only a few high profile cases that we hear and the majority of the guys are doing things the right way.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Ohio State football team spokesman Jerry Emig said Wednesday he didn't anticipate coach Urban Meyer commenting on the situation.
"We are aware there was an issue and we are gathering more information," Emig said in an email.
I wonder if "gathering information" includes checking in with Jimbo Fisher.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What are the odds you have a guy with a last name and a girlfriend (not a wife) with the SAME LAST NAME but hyphenated?

WOW!!!

(In the South, we'd call 'em kissing cousins).

Would she become Alexandria Barrett-Clark-Barrett?

And Urban Meyer coached Aaron Hernandez and helped him skate, so no need to call Jimbo.

On a more serious note......I hope this is two hormone crazed and frustrated young folks just messing with one another's minds and Barrett isn't going to play anyway. Let it NOT detract from the game please. And the media, of course, loves this. Remember them suddenly bringing up the old Notre Dame rape-suicide case two years ago?

I don't have the highest regard for Meyer as a person (as a coach, yes) BUT.....he's still miles ahead of the media in my book.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No idea what actually happened, but one report indicates that she was the aggressor, striking him repeatedly and throwing things at him. I have no idea what he did to her, but he definitely responded with some type of force. I suspect that he will be suspended whether she started it or not, and whether charges are filed or not. Not a distraction that the team needs right now.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
This is way to common in the sport we know and love, or maybe it is only a few high profile cases that we hear and the majority of the guys are doing things the right way.
I think now we are going to hear about it every time it happens no matter how famous or not the player is. It makes headlines and generates clicks. It is what it is.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hmmmm.....let's see. If you have an agenda.....I think $1500 to an angry ex-girlfriend to show up at her old boyfriends house, slap him in the face......and let him slap her back......

In this day and age -- that might just about do it.....

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
Does not matter if she struck him first ala Ray Rice, and Urban Meyer was very outspoken if Carlos Hyde was charged he would be kicked off team. So well see what Urban does...Im sure nothing.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
H
I wonder if "gathering information" includes checking in with Jimbo Fisher.
Well, Jimbo is cleaning up in recruiting lately with many citing the way Jimbo has stood behind his players as one reason for committing to the Seminoles. So I guess it does have rewards.

Not as uncommon as many may think for young couples that age.

Drama , drama, drama. With 22 and 21 y/o daughters , I know . Luckily they are starting to grow out of all that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.