Blake Sims Invited to the Senior Bowl

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Just to be clear, Blake has only been invited to the Senior Bowl. He hasn't accepted the invitation yet. AJ didn't accept his invite last year. I would expect Blake to accept his, though.

One of AJ's first post season mistakes...IMHO.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thanks for asking Jessica...I was just coming here to ask.

usually getting an invite to the Senior Bowl is a good sign that he will be drafted or the NFL scouts think he will be drafted . Usually means they want to see more of them.

That is great news. I bet he will do well in the interview process too. Franchises would love to have him on board.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Definitely, I can see a situation where White could have a huge game in Senior bowl and earn NFL Combine... he may be the next Norwood draft type... Jones... He's going to have huge Pro day to show he can do this and that.

I would definitely think DeAndrew would. He has NFL wheels....

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I won't say that White underachieved...because he's always performed when healthy...but his career didn't go how it probably could have if not for the 2012 injury.

He was poised to take on a lot of touches in 2012 but his injury got Cooper onto the field. Cooper just ended up overshadowing him once he came back. He's a great talent that a lot of Texas and Oklahoma people were disappointed to lose out on for his commitment. This is a good example of how you can have a guy like Frank Gore not get a lot of touches at Miami then end up being a consistent All-Pro NFL RB.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I thought Chris Black injury was the reason Cooper got on the field?
I won't say that White underachieved...because he's always performed when healthy...but his career didn't go how it probably could have if not for the 2012 injury.

He was poised to take on a lot of touches in 2012 but his injury got Cooper onto the field. Cooper just ended up overshadowing him once he came back. He's a great talent that a lot of Texas and Oklahoma people were disappointed to lose out on for his commitment. This is a good example of how you can have a guy like Frank Gore not get a lot of touches at Miami then end up being a consistent All-Pro NFL RB.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
One of AJ's first post season mistakes...IMHO.
I agree. I think and hope that Blake will accept and do well. I would love for him to be able to make a solid salary in the NFL for at least a few years and set himself and his family up with a little nest egg. I am proud that he represents my university so well.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Wasn't AJ's offseason hampered by shoulder injuries and he wanted to use to the time to recover? He did make a lot of mistakes though - his head never seemed to be quite in the right place after the Notre Dame game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wasn't AJ's offseason hampered by shoulder injuries and he wanted to use to the time to recover? He did make a lot of mistakes though - his head never seemed to be quite in the right place after the Notre Dame game.
I don't think that anyone really believed him at the time, but being placed on the PUP list in the NFL confirmed it. He didn't play in the senior bowl or throw in the combine because he was hurt.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Definitely, I can see a situation where White could have a huge game in Senior bowl and earn NFL Combine...
Picking nits somewhat here - but I think the practices are worth way more than the game is. There's plenty of tape of you on the field, scouts and coaches want to know how you practice/respond to instruction.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Picking nits somewhat here - but I think the practices are worth way more than the game is. There's plenty of tape of you on the field, scouts and coaches want to know how you practice/respond to instruction.
Yes it helps too but scouts like to use their own drills at NFL combines and at the senior bowl, you will be asked to do things you haven't played or done....

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.