Marlon Humphrey Talks Redshirt Season

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Anyone see the idiot comment that red shirting is 'cheating and flunking'. That is crazy! Heck , freshmen were not allowed to play when I was younger . Bama probably Redshirts fewer than most,
As Nick's philosophy is if you are good enough , you will play regardless of class. Plus all the top recruits leave after 3 years so it doesn't make sense to only get 2 years out of them

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I actually like the JV squads that teams had before they put in the roster limits. You get to play on the JV and get lots of experience.

Anyone see the idiot comment that red shirting is 'cheating and flunking'. That is crazy! Heck , freshmen were not allowed to play when I was younger . Bama probably Redshirts fewer than most,
As Nick's philosophy is if you are good enough , you will play regardless of class. Plus all the top recruits leave after 3 years so it doesn't make sense to only get 2 years out of them

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Being there in school in the late '60s, I was fortunate to see all the JV games on campus. Agree with Earle, they indeed were fun. Got to see all of those future stars right out of hs. Provided my first look at J. Musso's great running talent.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
We played at least one JV game in 2002...
After a 21-year absence, Alabama makes a return to JV football when the Crimson Tide plays host to Georgia Military College on Thursday, Oct. 10 at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Alabama is playing its first junior varsity football game since posting a 31-7 victory at Marion Military Institute in 1981. The Crimson Tide is also playing its first JV football game in Tuscaloosa since a 23-14 win over Auburn on Nov. 22, 1980.
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100802aaa.html?siteList=

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.