Chances of landing Josh Langford

cglaze4411

Sep 6, 2011
Does anyone have any idea if we have a real shot at landing him? Or an idea of where he is leaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Josh Langford

From what I've read, he's in the Duke, Kentucky "elite" category, so we probably won't get him.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

My "info" comes from a recruiting "guru" (on another website) at an meeting for Bama fans in the Huntsville area recently. It may not mean anything but he was at the Hoops on the Quad event and it was implied that we may have more of a shot than most people think but take that all of that with a grain of salt. I'm not getting my hopes up about Langford but I also don't think we should just assume they will wind up at UK or Duke.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Does anyone have any idea if we have a real shot at landing him? Or an idea of where he is leaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please consider using a title such as Chances of signing Josh Langford or something more than his name so readers may have a better idea of the subject.

Thanks

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Link to story

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama -- Madison Academy will again have to endure a stretch without 5-star recruit Joshua Langford.

Langford, who missed the Mustangs' final 12 games last season with a left wrist injury, had surgery on the third metacarpal bone (located in the middle finger) of his right hand Wednesday. He will miss at least six weeks, Madison Academy coach Andy Blackston said prior to tonight's game at J.O. Johnson.

Langford suffered the injury in the first quarter against Bob Jones on Dec. 5, yet still managed to score a game-high 27 points. Langford got tangled up with a Patriot player on a rough rebound, according to Langford's father, Tellus, and Blackston

The 6-foot-6 combo guard is the two-time reigning Class 3A Player of the Year. His offers include Michigan State, Kansas, UConn and Louisville.

The Mustangs are 2-5 after falling 70-45 to Johnson tonight.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Madison Academy has been one of the schools we haven't been able to crack. It probably is because MA former players are going back and telling some of the kids that Auburn is the place to be. I think Jordan Matthew wasnt proactive with his recuitments... didnt get his offer til late December from Vandy. His going to Vandy actually opened lot of doors for other MA players... Got SEC schools to look at him... My feeling was that Auburn had early start with MA and built relationship with the coaches and players.. Josh Langford is a different breed of a player. he's going to the school where he knows has a good chance of making the dance and potentially NBA. business Decision. If Alabama can get one of MA player on scholarship, then trend can reverse. I dont know if we've done well in Huntsville area lately.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Madison Academy has been one of the schools we haven't been able to crack. It probably is because MA former players are going back and telling some of the kids that Auburn is the place to be. I think Jordan Matthew wasnt proactive with his recuitments... didnt get his offer til late December from Vandy. His going to Vandy actually opened lot of doors for other MA players... Got SEC schools to look at him... My feeling was that Auburn had early start with MA and built relationship with the coaches and players.. Josh Langford is a different breed of a player. he's going to the school where he knows has a good chance of making the dance and potentially NBA. business Decision. If Alabama can get one of MA player on scholarship, then trend can reverse. I dont know if we've done well in Huntsville area lately.
Levi and Lacey both were Huntsville kids.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013

I wish him the best. He has special talent. I so hoped he might come to the capstone.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Shucks!

Can't really blame him, though. At least we won't face him in the SEC.
Don't blame him at all for playing for a HOF coach and playing for a N.C. every year. Hopefully our culture will change and great in-state players can honestly say they can play for a N.C.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.