The Giving of Flowers

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
OK, Gentlemen (and seebell):

Let's discuss sending flowers to your significant other.

When Mrs. VJ was working in an office, I would send her flowers for her birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day and Valentines. And occasionally when I was in the doghouse or something. She would always tell me how pretty they were and thank me, and I'd always hear about the reactions from the other ladies who'd watch the florist delivery guy parade into the building and head straight for her office.

There was some jealousy and envy I guess. I actually felt kind of bad for the loners and spinsters who never got any flowers brought in by the floral delivery guy who paraded into the building and walked past all the other ladies in the building and went straight for their desk.

My point is, I suppose, it was just as satisfying for Mrs. VJ to receive a delivery from the floral delivery guy who paraded into their building and walked past all the other ladies and went straight for her office, as it was to have the event remembered. I would certainly hear about it when a delivery guy would parade into their building and walk past all the other ladies in the office and go to someone else's desk. :)

Anyone else ever observed this?

And, of course there are the really lucky ones. I once worked with a lady who, on her birthday, received a beautiful dozen red roses from her hubby around 11 a.m. About 2 p.m., here comes another delivery guy, paraded into our building, walking past all the ladies holding their breath and went straight for Bonnie's desk. Two dozen beautiful red roses. These were from her boyfriend.

That only happened once.

So what is more important? To receive the flowers, or have everyone see that you received flowers? In my experience, it was probably equal, because Mrs. VJ really does like to get them.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Wasn't there a scene in the movie "The Bachelor" with Chris O'Donnell & Sarah Silverman concerning the giving of flowers? She was some radical feminist and was offended by the giving of "ovaries" as a symbolic gesture.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
OK, Gentlemen (and seebell):

Let's discuss sending flowers to your significant other.

When Mrs. VJ was working in an office, I would send her flowers for her birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day and Valentines. And occasionally when I was in the doghouse or something. She would always tell me how pretty they were and thank me, and I'd always hear about the reactions from the other ladies who'd watch the florist delivery guy parade into the building and head straight for her office.

There was some jealousy and envy I guess. I actually felt kind of bad for the loners and spinsters who never got any flowers brought in by the floral delivery guy who paraded into the building and walked past all the other ladies in the building and went straight for their desk.

My point is, I suppose, it was just as satisfying for Mrs. VJ to receive a delivery from the floral delivery guy who paraded into their building and walked past all the other ladies and went straight for her office, as it was to have the event remembered. I would certainly hear about it when a delivery guy would parade into their building and walk past all the other ladies in the office and go to someone else's desk. :)

Anyone else ever observed this?

And, of course there are the really lucky ones. I once worked with a lady who, on her birthday, received a beautiful dozen red roses from her hubby around 11 a.m. About 2 p.m., here comes another delivery guy, paraded into our building, walking past all the ladies holding their breath and went straight for Bonnie's desk. Two dozen beautiful red roses. These were from her boyfriend.

That only happened once.

So what is more important? To receive the flowers, or have everyone see that you received flowers? In my experience, it was probably equal, because Mrs. VJ really does like to get them.
35/65

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I will chime in with the woman's perspective.

To me..it was more of a thrill to have other people see me getting them. :) Just being honest.

I work from home now, I tell him not to get me flowers. I am not into flowers that much. But I do expect a card. ;)

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I will chime in with the woman's perspective.

To me..it was more of a thrill to have other people see me getting them. :) Just being honest.

I work from home now, I tell him not to get me flowers. I am not into flowers that much. But I do expect a card. ;)
Thank you for the honesty. For us, I guess it's worth it to make ya'll happy in that regard. :)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Thank you for the honesty. For us, I guess it's worth it to make ya'll happy in that regard. :)

Yes, that is key.

Now, if he does end up getting me flowers now....I Instagram them and put a picture on Facebook. So it still gets the views, just in a different way. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.