Same as it ever was in DC

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
If a budget was never again agreed to, I wonder how long the slack-jawed booger-eating morons would hang around in DC waiting for a budget, like a cargo cult on a Pacific island.
I think the Union and the Federal government would be like a boring dinner party, folks would just gradually drift away and go back to getting honest jobs.
With some, however, that might take years.

I don't hate the Federal government per se, but I sometimes wonder whether it would be better to not have one at all than it is to have one that is untethered from the Constitution (like we now have). This agent is seriously insubordinate and needs to be shown that it is the servant, not the master of the people.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If a budget was never again agreed to, I wonder how long the slack-jawed booger-eating morons would hang around in DC waiting for a budget, like a cargo cult on a Pacific island.
I think the Union and the Federal government would be like a boring dinner party, folks would just gradually drift away and go back to getting honest jobs.
With some, however, that might take years.

I don't hate the Federal government per se, but I sometimes wonder whether it would be better to not have one at all than it is to have one that is untethered from the Constitution (like we now have). This agent is seriously insubordinate and needs to be shown that it is the servant, not the master of the people.
https://represent.us/

You have to start somewhere, and this is the best place. Both parties get regular "gratification" from K Street, so let's make those folks homeless, huh? It's time to make all elected officials understand who they work for; and, as I said, you have to start somewhere.
If it worked for Grover, it can work in this case as well.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The Republican Party just committed suicide. They'll never get any intelligent voters to trust them from now on.
I know they've lost me as a voter. As far as I'm concerned, they're all liars and no longer worthy of my support. I'm done with them.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
The Republican Party just committed suicide. They'll never get any intelligent voters to trust them from now on.
I know they've lost me as a voter. As far as I'm concerned, they're all liars and no longer worthy of my support. I'm done with them.
dont worry, someone will come along and convince you 3rd party is throwing your vote away by the next election

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
You've heard the old adage "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"? For some reason they've fooled the American public twice. I don't think they'll ever get a third chance. They won't from me, anyway. I've vote in every election for as long as I can remember, but I'd rather stay home than ever vote Republican again.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Your attitude towards the "leaders" of the Republican party reminds me of the Scottish soldiers attitude towards the barons leading the Scottish army in Braveheart.
The "leaders" don't seem inclined to lead to any outside purpose. They do not seem inclined to achieve any end besides keeping themselves in office.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
Your attitude towards the "leaders" of the Republican party reminds me of the Scottish soldiers attitude towards the barons leading the Scottish army in Braveheart.
The "leaders" don't seem inclined to lead to any outside purpose. They do not seem inclined to achieve any end besides keeping themselves in office.
The "leaders" of the party are the face of the party, are they not? Need I say more?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
I think what we need to do is to start now in a grassroots effort to completely replace the Republican Party. The leaders of the Republican party have shown us that they cannot be trusted. They have lied to us twice in a row where, on both occasions, we have put our faith and trust in them to follow through with what we elected them to do. On both occasions they have essentially stuck their middle fingers up at us and told us that we do not matter; that those principles that we hold most dear mean nothing to them and that they are going to do what they please regardless of what those who elected or reelected them to do.
We need to start our efforts now, so that we can be heard and represented in the 2016 election cycle. We may not get a strong footlhold between now and then, but we can get started and make ourselves and our new party stronger as the years and elections progress.
But whatever we do, let's not put this off. Let's get started now..

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
lol they are so useless

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...rillion-derivatives-us-taxpayers-are-now-hook

Courtesy of the Cronybus(sic) last minute passage, government was provided a quid-pro-quo $1.1 trillion spending allowance with Wall Street's blessing in exchange for assuring banks that taxpayers would be on the hook for yet another bailout, as a result of the swaps push-out provision, after incorporating explicit Citigroup language that allows financial institutions to trade certain financial derivatives from subsidiaries that are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp, explicitly putting taxpayers on the hook for losses caused by these contracts. Recall:

Five years after the Wall Street coup of 2008, it appears the U.S. House of Representatives is as bought and paid for as ever. We heard about the Citigroup crafted legislation currently being pushed through Congress back in May when Mother Jones reported on it. Fortunately, they included the following image in their article:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.