Rick Neuheisel on Oregon and the Playoff scenario

First Sergeant

Suspended
Jan 17, 2009
Re: Rick Neuheisal on Oregon and the Playoff scenario

This has been a very interesting thread to read.....good opinions on both sides! I am looking forward to this playoff personally....can't wait:)

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

You may not know this or simply refuse to acknowledge it, but Oregon has literally done NOTHING in college football. The only thing you can say is you go for 2 all the time and can't pick a uniform you like.

Oregon is supposed to win the championship every year yet you continue to lose big games. You will be a joke if FSU beats you.
D- effort. Next....

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Kings are crowned and kings are overthrown. Revolutions happen. Nothing stays the same forever.
To be fair, Alabama has been winning championships since the 1920's.

And to be fair to Oregon, they have won 7 PAC-10/12 championships, which is not exactly having done nothing in college football as some might like to think.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

:pDT_popc1: on TideFans.com and we're off,,

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

And to be fair to Oregon, they have won 7 PAC-10/12 championships, which is not exactly having done nothing in college football as some might like to think.
I wish I could claim credit for this observation, but Cecil Hurt pointed it out first.

It's been 111 years -- 1903 -- since a child was born who didn't experience an Alabama national championship by the time he/she turned 21 - the prescribed age to attain an undergraduate degree.

That, my friends, is excellence sustained not just over time, but consistently over generations.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

The cool thing is that I believe we will get a chance to settle this on the field. I believe Alabama will defeat OSU, although OSU ain't no slouch. I believe Oregon will defeat the Seminoles. (I really don't like Jameis Winston. I have never heard a credible explanation of why her blood and his semen ended up in her panties, and thus it seems he is a rapist, unindicted, but a rapist. I cannot separate that fact from his continued presence on the Seminole football team. Jameis Winston represents everything that is wrong with college football, but Oregon can, and I believe will, end his college football career on New Year's Day and he will become some NFL General Manager's problem).
Then we can settle the debate on the field, in the final match that everyone back in August wanted to see anyway.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Kings are crowned and kings are overthrown. Revolutions happen. Nothing stays the same forever.
Interesting fact. Alabama's record in the Rose Bowl is 4-1-1 while Oregon's is 2-4. Only 6 Pac-12/Big-10 teams have a better record in the Rose Bowl and no team outside of those two conferences have a better record. Point is that Alabama has been a king of college football for over 90 years and their last Rose Bowl appearance was in 1946. Actually Alabama is solely responsible for the Rose Bowl restricting their tie-in to the Pac-12 & Big-10 because of their dominance in the Rose Bowl. Don't believe me look it up. Bottom line is that while Alabama has had their bad years they will always be a king and that will never change.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I am not trying to knock Oregon - they have had a great run over the last few years - but their fans act as though they have won a few championships along the way. They did make it into the game once, and played well in that game, but they came up short. They get another chance this year. I know what it feels like to get there and come up short - it hurts. But Oregon faces a different challenge than we did. They have no natural recruiting area. They, like Notre Dame, have to be able to recruit nationally. They can't keep losing in these spots. If they do, their ability to recruit will dissolve and they will find themselves right back where they started - hence the Boise State reference. A team that fought their way to national prominence for a few years but wasn't able to capitalize on it and has now slipped back into mediocrity.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I lived in Beaverton, Oregon from 64-68...part of middle school and high school. Great state...but population base is so small that football was never really a big thing. UO and OSU were not that great...the change came with Nike...the rest is history. As a side note, my HS coach was "Mouse" Davis -- who invented the run and shoot. I was an undersized center who could snap well on extra points and punts. Other than that I was practice fodder...;) Moved back to Mobile for my Senior year and when I saw the size of football players at Murphy...I decided studying and work were better options! RTR.

rbvols

Scout Team
Sep 4, 2003
tulsa,ok. usa

I am not trying to knock Oregon - they have had a great run over the last few years - but their fans act as though they have won a few championships along the way. They did make it into the game once, and played well in that game, but they came up short. They get another chance this year. I know what it feels like to get there and come up short - it hurts. But Oregon faces a different challenge than we did. They have no natural recruiting area. They, like Notre Dame, have to be able to recruit nationally. They can't keep losing in these spots. If they do, their ability to recruit will dissolve and they will find themselves right back where they started - hence the Boise State reference. A team that fought their way to national prominence for a few years but wasn't able to capitalize on it and has now slipped back into mediocrity.
Boise State is in the Fiesta Bowl this year. I would love some of that mediocrity, lol. This is a good thread, hope y'all don't mind me in here snooping.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

That's kind of a pity play though...There are 20+ Power 5 conference teams that would eat them for lunch...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.