Rick Neuheisel on Oregon and the Playoff scenario

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Re: Rick Neuheisal on Oregon and the Playoff scenario

Ok , I have been defending the Ducks in this thread, now it has taken a different turn, in historical context. Anyone think the Ducks program would be where they are if not for the problems at USC the last 4 or 5 years? We Bama fans know this first hand. Not saying they wouldn't be good, but they would not dominate the PAC 12 like they do now. And they would probably get fewer top recruits as the program would not be as big.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Boise State is in the Fiesta Bowl this year. I would love some of that mediocrity, lol. This is a good thread, hope y'all don't mind me in here snooping.
Not at all. Just observe site policies...

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Ok , I have been defending the Ducks in this thread, now it has taken a different turn, in historical context. Anyone think the Ducks program would be where they are if not for the problems at USC the last 4 or 5 years? We Bama fans know this first hand. Not saying they wouldn't be good, but they would not dominate the PAC 12 like they do now. And they would probably get fewer top recruits as the program would not be as big.
No...they would not. And CFB needs USCw to be a dominant program again...works better for the West Coast and national markets. UO is a late comer -- wannabe.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

Sure. But more importantly, where are the other 48 now, and where will they be Jan. 1st? Sitting at home (except for the other 3).
Wow. 48th in the nation against the run, and you mostly play against fast paced passing teams. Not looking to good for the Ducks in this playoff.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

No...they would not. And CFB needs USCw to be a dominant program again...works better for the West Coast and national markets. UO is a late comer -- wannabe.
USC has Sark as their coach. They are not coming back anytime soon. Rome has fallen. The Coliseum has been sacked. The Oregon and Stanford flags have been flying over it for some time now. May these flags fly for many decades to come.

bradley30

1st Team
Sep 9, 2009
Oxford, AL

USC has Sark as their coach. They are not coming back anytime soon. Rome has fallen. The Coliseum has been sacked. The Oregon and Stanford flags have been flying over it for some time now. May these flags fly for many decades to come.
Oregon and Stanford are Johnny-come-Lately's. Win a national championship before you start talking about flying flags.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed

Oregon and Stanford are Johnny-come-Lately's. Win a national championship before you start talking about flying flags.
The teams of the PAC 12 share a common interest -- keeping USC down and out, and making sure they stay that way. The Huskies did their part by passing off Sark on the Trojans. It will be entertaining to watch it play out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Boise State is in the Fiesta Bowl this year. I would love some of that mediocrity, lol. This is a good thread, hope y'all don't mind me in here snooping.
Easily done - move to the Mountain West. TN would win that conference every year into perpetuity.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

Kings are crowned and kings are overthrown. Revolutions happen. Nothing stays the same forever.
Ask Boise State how it worked out for them. Stanford made a run. Heck, ask Tennessee, Georgia and Florida how it worked out for them . . . and they've won national championships.

It's true that nothing stays the same forever; but there's also another saying . . . the more things change, the more they stay the same. It's why you see Bama as the number 1 seed in the first CFP.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Neither has FSU. Florida was 7th best in the SEC. Fsu Defense is not that good.
That's the whole point. FSU still has the 3rd best Defense of the likely opponents for the ducks and the game isn't a gimme for the ducks.

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA

Wow...what a thread. I'm a very old lifelong Tide fan, and I believe, and hope we can do this thing. I have faith in the Team and the Coaches that we will be ready, and believe we have the heart and will to do it. But, I guess my age has taken away some of my vinegar...and other stuff. Back when Bama was setting all those goals you guys are remembering, we fans didn't have quite the swagger I see and hear today. I guess that comes with longevity; and we sure have longevity!
I see four very good football teams getting ready to square off....all different, but all good. I see those 300+ pound studs dressed out, and then I look under the helmets into those young eyes. I think, "Please, Lord. Don't let any girlfriends break up with them the night before the game." It's not that I don't trust their talent, but I've seen teenagers do some really unexpected things...especially playing ball. I've seen good teams come out flat and bad teams play lights out.
So...I believe we will win. I hope like the Dickens we win. And when we do, I'll do my bragging. Roll Tide

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama

Very well said. Thanks.

Wow...what a thread. I'm a very old lifelong Tide fan, and I believe, and hope we can do this thing. I have faith in the Team and the Coaches that we will be ready, and believe we have the heart and will to do it. But, I guess my age has taken away some of my vinegar...and other stuff. Back when Bama was setting all those goals you guys are remembering, we fans didn't have quite the swagger I see and hear today. I guess that comes with longevity; and we sure have longevity!
I see four very good football teams getting ready to square off....all different, but all good. I see those 300+ pound studs dressed out, and then I look under the helmets into those young eyes. I think, "Please, Lord. Don't let any girlfriends break up with them the night before the game." It's not that I don't trust their talent, but I've seen teenagers do some really unexpected things...especially playing ball. I've seen good teams come out flat and bad teams play lights out.
So...I believe we will win. I hope like the Dickens we win. And when we do, I'll do my bragging. Roll Tide

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com

The teams of the PAC 12 share a common interest -- keeping USC down and out, and making sure they stay that way. The Huskies did their part by passing off Sark on the Trojans. It will be entertaining to watch it play out.
In 2002 Alabama football was down and out. Some even said Alabama would be out of business. The teams of the SEC shared a common interest in keeping Alabama down and out. Rome had fallen, the coliseum had been sacked. SEC fans were jubilant at the news of the death of Mighty Alabama. Three national championships later (with another possible), news of Alabama's demise has been greatly exaggerated. I wouldn't go counting chickens (or ducks) just yet.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

In 2002 Alabama football was down and out. Some even said Alabama would be out of business. The teams of the SEC shared a common interest in keeping Alabama down and out. Rome had fallen, the coliseum had been sacked. SEC fans were jubilant at the news of the death of Mighty Alabama. Three national championships later (with another possible), news of Alabama's demise has been greatly exaggerated. I wouldn't go counting chickens (or ducks) just yet.
This sums it up perfectly. This was also around the time Oregon was becoming relevant in football.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Word from the practice field is that the Ducks' all-everything cornerback, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, injured his knee Tuesday in practice. No link yet but comes from a team source. Blitz can you confirm?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.